Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Winter Candles





By Candlelight, All Is Better.  During the cold, frosty winter we love lighting as many white candles as we can and creating an atmosphere of peace and calm as all is better by candlelight. For our Winter Mantel we have winterized our candles with snowflakes and icicles and encased them in ice.




We were able to create this Wintry look by using what we already owned. Using ivory pillar candles, class candle jars, snowflakes, icicles and fake snow, we created our Winter candles.


We started with clean and dry candle jars. We placed some fake snow in the bottom of the candle jar. Next went in our candle.


We had some flexible snowflakes we added in one at a time, poking them in with a chop stick.  Last we put in three plastic icicles and pushed them around a bit until we liked the look.


We ended up making three of these candles. We placed then just so on the mantel and when the sunlight filled the room, it was as if the candles came alive with all the light reflection.







These smaller Winter Candles were very simple to put together. We took a glass tea light candle shade and inverted it into a pillar candle holder. It was already decorated with snowflake motifs, so not embellishing required.


This Winter surround yourself with the clean white peacful light of candle glow. More of our Winter Mantel can be found here. Be inspired, get creative!

Our God is a God who saves;
from the Sovereign Lord comes
escape from death.
Psalm 68:20



Linking To:
homeworkall crafts Homemade Projects ~ Add Yours! {1/3}Home Stories A2ZThe Southern Product QueenChatty ChicsPhotobucketCatch a Glimpse Button  The Frugal GirlsPhotobucketSimply DesigningBubbly Nature{nifty button}Link PartyVisit thecsiproject.com

10 comments:

  1. so pretty! I should really do something like this, my mantle looks so sad and bare since the Christmas things came down....thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's linky party time again! This post would be great at it if you wanna share it! Here is the link! http://www.thesouthernproductqueen.com/one-stop-shoppe-linky-party

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! So very pretty! Will you come show these off at my place today? Having a party too. :)
    Melody
    ChattyChics.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These candles are so pretty! I love what you did. I am really bad about switching out my mantle but you have given me a little motivation. Thanks for sharing! I would love for you to stop by and link up to my party if you have time http://www.literallyinspired.com

    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for joining my linky party! This post rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look so pretty! I wish we had some icicles and snow over my way! Thanks for linking up with Friday Frolic;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been decorating my winter mantel, the first time I have, I've always just taken down the holiday's and waited for Valentines. But this year I thought why pass up the time of year I really love. Your project is so pretty and so is your winter mantel. Now I'll have more to add to mine. Wishing you might consider posting this at Sunday's Best party going on now. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that you did a winter theme. Candles help me get through the long winter nights and these are beautiful! Visiting from Literally Inspired WYTBW.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really do like your winter theme. I love winter, and look forward to the serenity it provides. Thanks for sharing your inspiration at Sunday's Best!

    ReplyDelete

WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY!!!

There was an error in this gadget