Thursday, April 7, 2011

Food Craft Idea: Vegetable Patch


We all know that every "bunny" should be eating more vegetables right?! 
It might be easier to get kids to eat more veggies if they were "bunnies"! So, with that in mind, we put on our mommy thinking caps and went right to the vegetable patch! Want to see what we came up with?



We thought carrots, green beans and ranch dip were perfect for our vegetable patch!


We made a cute little sign and attached it to a pretzel stick!
For the look of lettuce we used green napkins which we tore and placed about. The picket fence container is something we found at our local thrift store, and pulled it out of the closet.











Now, we just need to wait for school to get out, listen for our cue, "Mom I'm hungry. What can I have for a snack?". Run to the fridge, hopeful our little "bunnies" will be taken by how cute the veggie patch is, that they will dive right in and start eating, making our mommy hearts happy and thankful they are eating some healthy vegetables!

So remember, when your little bunnies are hungry and need to eat their veggies, make it creative,  make it fun, but most of all, keep it Homespun!


                                                        Do not be wise in your own eyes;
                                                       Fear the Lord and depart from evil.
                                                       It will be health to your flesh,
                                                      And strength to your  bones.
                                                                 Proverbs 3:7-8


                                                                                                                                 Linking to:
Photo/Source:                                                                                                         
Homespun With Love

13 comments:

  1. Super cute idea! My boys would gobble this up! Stopping by from Just a Girl and I'm your newest follower!
    xo,
    Laurie :)
    http://gallamorewest.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so fun! What a fabulous idea!!! I'd love to have you share this at my For the Kids Friday Link Party (still on)! Come join the fun!

    http://sunscholars.blogspot.com/2011/04/for-kids-friday-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute--fun way to get people to eat their veggies. Thanks for sharing at Beyond The Picket Fence.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fantastic! I bet it was a huge hit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a fun idea stop by my blog annies home located at http://shopannies.blogspot.com and see what I shared

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH I just adore this! I'm thinking of adding this to my Easter dinner table at each place setting and we have NO little kids but 2 of my college kids will be home with a friend -- this will make them laugh! Thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE this!!! I have featured you in this week's For the Kids Friday Link Party! Stop by and grab a button!!

    Thanks so much for sharing this! I appreciate you stopping by. This week's party has just been posted. I'd love to see what you have to share this week!

    Hope to see you soon!
    :)rachel @ http://SunScholars.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute idea!!! If that doesn't get them to eat carrots, I don't know what would :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cute!! Great idea!
    I would love for you to link up at my first linky party! :)
    {nifty thrifty sunday}
    xoxo,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for linking up with {nifty thrifty sunday}! :) I hope to see you again tomorrow!
    xoxo,
    Vanessa @ {nifty thrifty things}

    ReplyDelete

WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY!!!

Share It