Friday, April 8, 2011

Party: Peter Rabbit Tea Party

Who could ever forget this mischievous, loveable little rabbit from childhood!
  I can remember sitting on your grandfather's lap while he would read the story of Peter Rabbit to me several times over! I just fell in love with this little rabbit!
 While visiting one of my favorite blogs, the post for the day was on several "carrot" ideas. However one in particular caught my attention. Come check it out!
Pretty clever don't you think? Of course I did, and my mind started processing how I could create  the carrot, add my creative spin to it, using what I had on hand! This is what came out of that one little "carrot"  cupcake decoration.

 For the "carrot " you need circus peanut candies. For the "greens" of the carrot I used left over mint leaf gummy candy cut into thirds, and pressed the pieces onto the back of the candy peanut. Since the mint leaf candy was so sticky, it stuck like glue! For the rest of Peter Rabbits candy carrot sticks I used leftover candy. Now my mind was really working !!!

Half way through making the Peter Rabbit candy carrot sticks, I knew what I would do next since now I was going with a Peter Rabbit Tea Party theme! I took out my sons Peter Rabbit Tea set and his stuffed Peter Rabbit, both of which he has had prior to his birth, eight years ago! And they worked perfectly as part of the theme.



I love this tea set. We have had many a tea parties together using this it.




Peter Rabbit may be a bit tattered now, but he is still a dear friend.

I got to thinking, our post on the "Vegetable Patch" would be a perfect addition with the entire Peter Rabbit theme, and easy enough to prepare for you to plan a special time with your children having a Peter Rabbit Tea Party sometime soon!          
                                                                         




It would be fun to make up some of the Peter Rabbit Candy Sticks we showed you in a earlier post here , and use them as favors for your tea party guests!

And of course these simple ideas translate wonderfully into Easter festivities too! Hope you are inspired to do something Peter Rabbit! We would love to know what you come up with, let us know in pictures!

Remember to keep it Homespun! Have a great weekend!


The fear of the Lord is the beggining of wisdom,
And the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.
Proverbs 9:10

Photo Credits:

 Linking to:
CreativeShareWednesdays

9 comments:

  1. I would love to come and steal your tea set. I just adore anything Peter Rabbit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait until my toddler is a little older and we can host an Easter Peter Rabbit Tea Party. I've been tearing out pages of Pottery Barn Kids and collecting stuff since she was born. Love the tea set!

    I'm your newest follower and would love for you to follow me as well. Check out my blog:

    http://glitzandgritsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. where did you get the tea set i would like to get one

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a sweet idea for a tea party! Peter Rabbit is so classic and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute party! I love Peter Rabbit and all your ideas!

    Thanks for linking up with me for Friday Favorites! I'm going to feature you this coming week. Come by and grab my featured button if you'd like one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is an adorable party! Peter Rabbit was one of my favorites growing up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! I love your blog and all of your creativity! Keep inspiring me my new friend!
    xo
    Robin
    All Things Heart and Home

    ReplyDelete
  8. those are sooooo incedible!
    and ADORABLE

    Stopping by from Trendy Treehouse!
    Please stop by and say hi!

    xoxo
    bB
    www.itsybitsybrianna.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY!!!

There was an error in this gadget