Thursday, April 28, 2011

Vintage Tray & Sweets Cups

Something pretty for Mom!

Mother's Day Gift Idea # 3
If you read our previous post, you will recall our Dollar Store Happy Birthday Treat Tray project!
 Here is our second tray, perfect for your Mother's Day sweets!
If you are hosting a little Mother's Day gathering for mom, serve her some sweet treats and then gift her the tray afterwards!

We used the same technique on this tray as we did on the Happy Birthday Treat Tray here, with the exception: we spray painted the tray and candle stick using a color called "Dover", to give it more of a vintage inspired look.

The treat cups we found at Michael's, and embellished them with scrapbook paper cut with a scallop punch, and then layered with a fancy butterfly we had in our craft stash!
We filled the treat cups with store bought little cakes.

Mothers love receiving homemade gifts from their children, and this will be one she will love receiving and using for years to come!
We hope we have inspired you!
Remember , keep it Homespun!
{Check back  for Gift Idea # 4!}

It is God who arms me with strength,
And makes my way perfect.
Psalm 18:32

Homespun With Love
                                                                         Linking to:

somewhat simple buttonBeyond The Picket FenceThrilling Thursday at Paisley Passionsspray paint party

Transformation ThursdayThe Frugal Girls

Catch a Glimpse ButtonPhotobucketThe Shabby Nest

PhotobucketTidyMom I'm Lovin' It504 MainPhotobucketPhotobucketThe DIY Show OffThe Girl CreativePhotobucketCraft Link partiesSweet Floweret
All Things Heart and Home


  1. How pretty! I've been snatching up all kinds of plates and candlesticks to make stuff like this. A little obsessed, I think. :) Nice job with the tray!
    Scissors & SPatulas

  2. So pretty--would be great for a my daughter's upcoming b-day. Thanks!

  3. I love this! I have made trays like this before and they are addicting and so cute! I really like the little treat cups, what a great idea!

  4. CUTE!
    Thanks for posting to my 20 minute tuesday linky party!
    Did you know that i'm giving a free button pony tailer to the first 50 peeps in may who follow my blog, like me on fb, and send me their address so i can mail you your pony?

  5. How pretty! Looks so yummy!



There was an error in this gadget