Monday, May 16, 2011

DIY Pedestal Jars {Pt.1}

A Good Marriage!
We love it when we can use an item for more than what it was intended for! Case in point, our pedestal jars! Using Dollar Store candle cups in three different styles and sizes, and candle sticks we married the two and created a couple different looks, and so can you!

Impressive looking. Easy. Quick. Budget friendly!
To make these: purchase three different size and shape candle holders, and three candle sticks. Using Gorilla Glue glue, glue the top of the candle stick to the bottom of the candle cup. Allow to dry. You are finished!

These are lovely just as candle pedestals, but there are so many other uses for these jars.
                                              Here is another way we used them.

Love the look of the seashells through the glass. There is almost a look of water with the three elements together.
We hope we have inspired you to get crafty!
Check back in tomorrow for part two to see what other decorating ideas we have for you!

Remember, keep it Homespun!
Homespun With Love

Show me Your ways O Lord,
teach me Your paths.
Psalm 25:4

 Linking to:

The DIY Show OffPhotobucketThe Girl CreativeRunning With GlitterChic on a Shoestring Decoratingall crafts Hundreds of Handmade Projects ~ Add Yours!Sweet Floweretspray paint partyTuesday To Do PartyMy Backyard Edensomewhat simple buttonBeyond The Picket FenceCatch a Glimpse ButtonHookingupwithHoH504 MainThe Frugal GirlsThe Shabby NestTidyMom I'm Lovin' ItPhotobucketPhotobucket


  1. Hmmm...getting ready to redo my bathroom---! Maybe I will switch out my clear herb jars for some shells in these...I have shells everywhere (we live at the beach!) so why not?! Great idea!~

  2. simple and cute! love it! (I keep eyeing the pedestal hurricanes in the stores- this will be much more budget friendly than paying $30 each for those!)

  3. I'd love it if you'd come back to and post this at my 20 minute tuesday party tonight/tomorrow ;)
    I love them with the shells!

  4. Those are pretty little containers that would make great gifts too. I really like them with the candles, then maybe decorate them with floral wreaths or bows. They are pretty all on their own with the shelles too. Thanks for sharing your idea!

  5. Love these. Love the Dollar Store. Love the way you used these differently!

  6. This is great! I hope you'll stop by and link up:

  7. I love the sea shells in the containers. I made four of the glass hurricanes back in the winter and placed candles in them. Now, I am going to place my mother's sea shells in them. (what a neat way to remember my Mom.)Thanks for sharing! Wanda

  8. I need to get to the dollar store. I have been missing so much fun! Thanks for sharing! I am over from 504 Main.

  9. I love these! I have even made some myself! Great ideas for what to fill them with! I am visiting from Somewhat Simple and I would LOVE if you would kindly link up this awesome idea to my very FIRST Delicately Constructed Fridays; a crafty linky party that starts tomorrow!
    Please :)
    Have a great day!!

  10. I totally did this! Looks Awesome! :) Well done.

  11. Love these. They look beautiful with the shells.

    I came over from 504 Main.


  12. I featured you at my 20 minute tuesday party starting tonight! Come grab a featured button if you'd like and check out your feature, too ;)
    Thanks for linking.



There was an error in this gadget