Friday, May 20, 2011

Popcorn Cupcakes?!


Add these little cuties to your party!Are you looking  for something a little different to add to your cupcake file! We whipped these up in no time, and they make the perfect treat to go along with our post yesterday,Father's Day Movie Party Night gift idea! Just wait until you see how easy we made this for you!
                                                          You will need:

Miniature marshmallow. Frosting.Cupcakes. Yellow food coloring. Clean small paint brush.
Let me just say this first off:  I was a little hesitant to post this because of the fact we could not use our own baked goods and felt this was not our standard. Than I realized, well, sometimes life turns us in another direction and we have to make adjustments! Under normal circumstances we would not be using Hostess cupcakes and spray can frosting for this recipe. Oh, no!
We would have baked our own cupcakes and made our own frosting! I hope you will forgive us!
 However due to certain circumstance's, we had to settle. Done.
Directions:
Frost the cupcakes.
Using clean kitchen shears, cut the mini marshmallow in half. This is time consuming. We only ended up cutting what you see on the plate and just left them hole to decorate with. Which didn't turn out so bad.
Place the marshmallows on top of the frosted cupcake.
Mix a small amount of water and a couple drops of yellow food coloring together to look like melted butter.
Apply "butter" to the "popcorn" using a clean small paint brush until you are happy with the look.
Present your popcorn cupcakes to your party guests!

We hope you will be inspired to try these out yourself and do it the correct way, bake your cupcakes please. And make homemade frosting too!
Don't forget these would make a great treat for dad on Father's Day! Remember, keep it Homespun!
                                                     
                                                          Wealth brings many friends,
                                                          but a poor man's friend deserts him.
                                                          Proverbs 19:4
Photos/Source
Homespun With Love


Linking to:
TidyMom I'm Lovin' ItSweet Tooth FridayJoin us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for
 the weekend wrap up party!Photobucket{nifty button}UndertheTableandDreamingPhotobucketThe DIY Show OffThe Girl CreativeBLOG TITLEPhotobucketRunning With GlitterSweet Floweretall crafts Homemade Projects ~ Add Yours!My Backyard EdenCreativeShareWednesdaysf818e803e04bcbcfc931c74a449c1a0a Our House Of Joyful Noise Link Up Party #6, & Featured Links From Last Week.  ourhouseofjoyfulnoise.comNightOwlCraftingsomewhat simple buttonGinger Snapshttp://www.dimpleprints.com/

25 comments:

  1. Wow you are quite talented in the kitchen and a good photographer. What a treat for the kiddos. So glad I found you from Paisley Passions. I hope you'll swing by Momtrends and share on our Friday Food Linky!

    http://www.momtrends.com/2011/05/recipe-linky-summer-salads/

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so awesome! I must try them.

    I'd like to invite you to share this recipe on my weekly link-up, Sweet Tooth Friday. I hope to see you there! http://alli-n-son.com/2011/05/19/chocolate-chip-muffins/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super Cute!! I love how you improvised using the ding dongs--I wouldn't have thought of that! Great way to spruce them up

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun, fun, fun! Using the ding dongs is a very clever and whimiscal take on the popcorn cupcake. Darling polka dot papers too!

    Jenn/Rook No. 17

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so stinking cute! I need to make these for my boys sometime...they LOVE popcorn. Thanks for the tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute idea! I'm glad you shared them even though they weren't all made from scratch. A perfect treat for a movie night party!

    ReplyDelete
  7. very fun! and hey, i ALWAYS appreciate knowing a short cut route too, sometimes life is just straight up busy and we can't fit in what we'd like to, no reason things can't still be fun :) thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so cute! perfect for a movie night!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are darling! Please share your recipe with our readers by linking it up at Muffin Monday!
    Thanks! http://www.talkingdollarsandcents.net/banana-and-peanut-butter-egg-muffins

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute idea! Hugs, antonella :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much for linking up your clever and yummy recipe at Muffin (and cupcake) Monday! Hope to see you again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE these! TOO MUCH FUN!!!
    I would love it SO much if you would link them up at Little Lucy Lu for Fun-day Friday ... this is EXACTLY the kind of project I'm looking for! :-)
    (If you don't want to, that's OK, too! :-)
    ~Bec
    www.littlelucylu.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a cute idea! I agree homemade is better, but not everyone has always has the time for that so I glad you posted another option to making them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a fabulous idea! I love these! I had a fun time looking around at your blog! I am your newest follower and hope you will take a look at my blog and follow me too!
    -Nikki
    http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this, and you know what? I love hostess cupcakes :) No shame! I'd love for you to link these up to my sweet treats party tomorrow! Hope to see you there :)
    Ashton
    www.somethingswanky.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome!! Can't wait to try.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a darling idea! I agree, I would have probably made homemade too. But I love the fact that you are able to buy everything and just assemble! (Great for those who don't bake). I just found your blog...love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are so darn cute! My little ones would LOVE these!

    I would LOVE if you would link up your recipe to our {{What I Made Wednesday}} Linky Party! We're also hosting a giveaway, so don't forget to sign up! :)

    Briana @ Sweet Peas & Bumblebees

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh my goodness!!! you have saved me so much hassle. we are having a family reunion for 65 up at a cabin and for the birthday party we are doing cupcakes. know i can just use hostess cupcakes and frost them to my own liking!!! don't have to worry about bringing everything with us to make the cupcakes. thank you, thank you

    ReplyDelete
  20. just made these and I LOVE them! thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just wanted to let you know that I will feature this cute idea at tomorrow's linky party! :)
    Thank you so much for linking up to {nifty thrifty sunday}!
    I hope to see you again tomorrow!
    xoxo,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you so much for linking up at our What I Made Wednesday Linky Party! We loved your creation so much that we are featuring your cupcakes today & starting a new party!

    Hop on over to our blog, grab a button & join in the fun again!

    Alisa @ Sweet Peas and Bumblebees
    sweetpeasandbb.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I made similar ones for my daughter's Circus Bday and they were a hit. Granted I never thought of taking a shortcut and using hostess cupcakes! Brilliant :)

    ReplyDelete

WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY!!!

There was an error in this gadget