Saturday, May 28, 2011

Summertime Frozen Lemonade Pie

Photo via ~Homespun With Love
"Who wants ice cold lemonade pie?!"
 This pie is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth and refresh you during those hot summer days! 
When we were growing up our  mother would make these pies during the summertime in all kinds of different flavors! We had forgotten all about these pies until we came across a post mentioning them over at the fantastic blog, I Heart Naptime! Since summer is right around the corner, and this weekend is Memorial Day weekend, we thought it was a good time to make one up! Just think of the sweet, tart taste of lemonade, only in a creamy pie.....Yummy! 

Refreshing and so easy to make!
This is what you will need:

Vanilla yogurt about 24oz. 1 tub of whipped topping. 1 graham cracker pre made pie crust.
1/2 packet of lemonade Kool-Aid {not sweetened} This is not an overly "sweet" pie. We think with all the ingredients together it gives enough sweetness. Feel free to "test" the mixture prior to freezing to adjust.
                                         Directions:
               Mix yogurt, whipped topping and Kool-Aid in a bowl. Stir well to mix thoroughly.
{We added yellow food coloring to ours}. Pour mixture in to pie shell. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the freezer several hours until frozen. Prior to serving, garnish with lemon slices and let stand at room temperature 30-40 minuets.
Serve with a nice little dollop of whipped topping. Enjoy!
This pie will taste even better on one of those hot summer evenings with a glass of chilled fruit infused water! We hope you are inspired to whip up this pie for your family summer!
Have a great Memorial Day weekend!
Remember, keep it Homespun!


                                  The wise woman  builds her house,
                                but with her own hands the foolish one tears her down.
                                     Proverbs 14:1

Photos/Source:
Homespun With Love


Linking to:

{nifty button}UndertheTableandDreamingPhotobucketPhotobucketThe DIY Show Offget your craft on buttonRunning With Glitter
All Things Heart and HomeCatch a Glimpse ButtonBeyond The Picket FenceThe Frugal GirlsChic on a Shoestring DecoratingButtonUndertheTableandDreaming

20 comments:

  1. Wow, that is super easy and sounds wonderful! I will be trying this soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited to try this and love the idea that you can use any flavor of Kool-Aid. Thank you so much for sharing this. Even the kids can whip this up!

    Love your site and can't wait to look around more. I found you from your feature on Sweet Floweret.

    http://www.hereslivinthedream.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooooo..... PINK lemonade would be soo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! It sounds so perfectly sweet, tart and refreshing! Definitely my kind of dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful dessert. Perfect for Summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love lemon anything. I cant wait to try out this recipe! Ironically, I am visiting from your link on I heart Naptime! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks AMAZING! I am seriously drooling! Thanks for sharing!
    I am your newest follower- and I would love to have you stop by my blog and follow back if you would like to!
    Camille @
    SixSistersStuff.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this looks so good. And it looks even better considering the steps and ingredients are easy! I'll have to try this very soon!

    ~Jessa
    www.jessajill.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm totally making this! I love easy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That sounds delicious and I love that it's so simple. I'll definitely try it this summer. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cant wait for it to warm up around here so I can give this a shot!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That looks yummy! And so easy! Thanks for sharing and linking it up too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That looks absolutely delicious! I know what we are having this weekend! Thanks for sharing!
    jandmseyecandy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. sounds So good and So easy!!! I love anything lemon flavored :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hmm.. This looks so yummy and refreshing! Thank you so much for linking this up with {nifty thrifty sunday} last week!
    I hope to see you again tomorrow!
    xoxo,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love lemon pies in the summer! Yours looks so cool and refreshing. I'd like to invite you to share on A Well-Seasoned Life's Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

    http://www.wellseasonedlife.com/2011/06/sweet-indulgences-sunday-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Kristin - Looks so refreshing and amazing! Thank you so much for linking to the Sunday Showcase Party. I featured this on Sunday! Hope you have a lovely week ~ Stephanie Lynn

    ReplyDelete

WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY!!!

There was an error in this gadget