Thursday, June 9, 2011

DIY MILK GLASS VASES



From Thrift Store To Home Decor! Here we are again with another DIY, thrift store, spray paint home decor project for you! We  love the clean vintage look of traditional milk glass vases or other pieces. But than there is the price tag that stands between having and not having. Now you can have the look without the big price tag when you d0~it~yourself! This is how we did it......


  
















Anything  put into "milk glass" immediately looks a hundred times better don't you think?!




We gave these thrift store vases  a couple coats of spray paint with Krylon Dover White {crush} spray paint. Although it is difficult to tell from the pictures, you can't really see the imperfections, but they are there. Not without a tried drip of paint, or a spot that did not get quite enough paint. They remind us of "us". They make look good from afar, but as we look closer we start to see the imperfections. A subtle reminder that "we" are not perfect. Nor do we have to strive to be. But thankfully HE is.



We hope you are inspired to make your own milk glass pieces!
We would love to see your Homespun milk glass creations! Send us a picture!

                                                Remember, keep it Homespun!


                                              I long to dwell in your tent forever,
                                             and take refuge in the shelter of your wings.
                                              Psalm 61:4

Photos/Source
Homespun With Love      

                                           Linking To:
somewhat simple buttonCatch a Glimpse ButtonThe Frugal GirlsPhotobucketThe Shabby NesthomeworkChic on a Shoestring DecoratingSumo's Sweet Stuff
TidyMom I'm Lovin' It

UndertheTableandDreamingRunning With GlitterTodays Creative Blogall crafts Handmade Projects ~ Add Yours {6/14}Nothing But CountryBeyond The Picket Fence

16 comments:

  1. Great idea! I love the white coloring as well because it really brings out the details in the vases! I think I am going to be on a vase hunt this weekend!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look fabulous! I spray painted vases for my wedding reception. MUCH cheaper than finding 50+ vases in my wedding colors! Thanks for linking up to this week's Catch a Glimpse party. I'll be featuring it tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who would ever have thought to do that?!?! I am now dying to paint some glass vases white - just awesome! Thanks for sharing at Fun Chic Crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love painting stuff white! These look fabulous. I've mimicked milk glass by painting the inside of vases, but not the outside. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this idea! I collect milk glass and I would love to add some inexpensive pieces this way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea! These turned out beautiful! I would love for you to link up to my Summer Lovin' Weekend Soiree at http://www.homemakerinheels.com Hope you have a wonderful weekend! :)
    Crysta
    Homemaker in Heels

    ReplyDelete
  7. They Look Just Like Real Milk Glass !!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for a great post and reminder about our imperfections and God's perfection! These vases are SO pretty! Love how the white paint really brings out all of the lines and details of these that were lost when they were clear!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so darling! They turned out beautiful! I love fun thrift store finds! Thanks for sharing your great idea.
    I am your newest follower and would love to have you check out my blog and follow back if you would like to!
    Camille @
    SixSistersStuff.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful job. They look so pretty. I would love for you to share this project at my linky party.
    http://carolynshomework.blogspot.com/2011/06/inspiration-board-link-party_14.html

    Thanks for sharing your project.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow. Great idea! Thanks for sharing it. Wish I'd kept some of my old glass vases now. ha.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are beautiful! When I first saw the glimpse of your post I thought they were milkglass (which I dearly love)--I'm going to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I see those all the time at thrift stores, and I have never once thought of doing this! They turned out so cute and look so much nicer than they originally did.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just shared this with friends on facebook. thanks.

    Moriah Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great idea!
    Is it possible to paint the red one into the milk?

    ReplyDelete

WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY!!!

Share It