Thursday, June 30, 2011

Fourth of July Candle Jars


Sometimes simple is best! We just used a few simple things from around the house to make a festive, yet not overly in your face coffee table Fourth of July display. Sometimes simple really is best!    


  We used some recycled pickle and pepper jars that we filled halfway up with brown rice. 

 We added a flame less votive candle inside the jar
We wrapped the top of the jar with Fourth of July wired garland and sparkle pipe cleaners

Hope you are inspired to use some of the everyday items around your house to create something fabulous!
Remember, keep it Homespun!


A mans riches may ransom his life,
but a poor man hears no threat.
Proverbs 13:8

Source/Homespun With Love

Linking To:

somewhat simple buttonCatch a Glimpse ButtonThrilling Thursday at Paisley PassionsThe Frugal GirlsChic on a Shoestring DecoratingJoin us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for
 the weekend wrap up party!UndertheTableandDreamingitsy bitsy paper PhotobucketNot So Simple Housewife

8 comments:

  1. I love this idea! With a job, a family and I home, I simply do NOT have time to do a lot of decorating. I featured this great idea today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your post and all of your holiday spirit! I'm visiting from Be Different Act Normal! I’m hosting my first ever blog party and its all 4th of July-all Red, White, and Blue! I’d love for you to link up and share with me!
    http://notsosimplehousewife.blogspot.com/2011/07/4th-of-july-link-party.html

    Hope to see you over at my place soon!
    Kaitlin-The Not So Simple Housewife
    http://notsosimplehousewife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! I'm having a Red, White and Blue Linky Party today and I'd love for you to come join in on the fun!
    www.itsybitsypaperblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to ask you a question about these. I made these for my deck recently and used white rice and teal candles as my jars were the antique blue mason jars. My candles melted all the way down in to the rice and looked horrible. Did I use the wrong type of candle, should it have been drippless?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for linking up to my Red, White and Blue Linky Party!

    www.itsybitsypaperblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simple, festive and sweet! Perfect. Thanks for linking up at my Red, White, Blue & You Link Party!

    ReplyDelete

WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY!!!

There was an error in this gadget