Thursday, June 23, 2011

Fourth of July Sparklers




        


"God bless America,
land that I love.
Stand beside her, and guide her ,
thru the night with a light from above."
In our neck of the woods "real" sparkler's our illegal. But that doesn't stop us from having some fun food sparkler's!!! This is where we got our sparkler inspiration from.
Even the kids will have fun making these festive treats! 

What you will need:
Pretzel rods. Red,white and blue sprinkles.
Almond Bark or other coating chocolate.

Directions:
Melt you chocolate per package directions.
Pour melted chocolate into a tall glass or ice cream sundae cup as we did below for easy dipping.
Dip one pretzel at a time and sprinkle with colored sprinkles. Lay to dry on wax paper.



We found the stars and stripes bucket at target in the $ bin area.


Show your red, white and blue this Fourth of July by whipping up some tasty sparklers!

                           Remember, keep it Homespun!

                              Trust in the Lord and do good;
                                        dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.
                                            Delight yourself in the Lord
                                        and he will give you the desires of your heart.
                                               Psalm 37: 3-4


Photos/Source
Homespun With Love

Linking to:
Beyond The Picket Fencesomewhat simple buttonCatch a Glimpse ButtonVisit thecsiproject.comPhotobucketThe Frugal GirlsTidyMom I'm Lovin' It
Join us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for
 the weekend wrap up party!Button{nifty button}UndertheTableandDreamingMaking Monday Marvelous Linky PartySumo's Sweet StuffTodays Creative Blogall crafts Homemade Projects ~ Add Yours {6/28}Running With Glitterhomeworkhttp://www.dimpleprints.com/?p=1625
Thrilling Thursday at Paisley PassionsChic on a Shoestring DecoratingBeneath the Rowan TreeDesign DazzlePhotobuckethttp://notsosimplehousewife.blogspot.com/itsy bitsy paperPhotobucket

24 comments:

  1. This looks awesome! I would love it if you came over and linked up to Cast Party Wednesday. I have a great collection of recipes going and yours would be a PERFECT addition! http://www.ladybehindthecurtain.com
    Thanks,
    I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are really cute. Thanks for linking up with Fun for Kids Friday. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are awesome, can't wait to make me with the kids. I've been looking for a great way to say "thanks" to some of my clients. I think I found it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! Looks good. Very festive!

    http://btanders.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute and fun! I think I will try those sparklers for the 4th. Thank goodness for Target's $1 Bin!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great idea too!! We have these at Christmas but I love them with the red, white and blue sprinkles!
    Thanks so much for linking up to Think Pink Sundays! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My sons would love these! They are huge pretzels fans. Perfect for holiday entertaining next weekend. Thanks for sharing on A Well-Seasoned Life's Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

    http://www.wellseasonedlife.com/2011/06/sweet-indulgences-sunday-10.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love for you to link this up to MMM this week! Such a great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are adorable. What a great idea! I would be thrilled if you shared this project at my link party.
    http://carolynshomework.blogspot.com/2011/06/inspiration-board-link-party_28.html

    Thanks for the creative inspiration.
    carolyn | homework

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing your yummy recipe with us at Cast Party Wednesday. I hope you come back and visit us tomorrow.
    Thanks again.
    I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You know...I could just sit on the couch with that big sundae glass of melted chocolate and dip pretzels all day!!! They look terrific! Thanks for sharing!

    Cheers,
    Heather @ http://fakeitfrugal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your sparklers was one of the top links from last week's FFKF!

    You are featured there today. As always, thanks bunches for linking up!

    http://smilemonsters.blogspot.com/2011/06/fun-for-kids-friday_30.html

    Jo @ SmileMonsters

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this idea. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great idea! These look adorable and delicious! :) Thanks so much for linking up to the Summer Lovin Soiree! Have a great weekend! :)
    Crystal
    HomemakerinHeels.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hmm.. These look so fun and yummy!!
    Thank you so much for linking it up to {nifty thrifty sunday} last week as well!
    xoxo,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you so much for linking up to my Red, White and Blue Linky Party!

    www.itsybitsypaperblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. How fabulous are these? I love your tip of putting the melted chocolate in a tall glass--brillant! My kids would love these! Thanks for linking up to my Red, White, Blue & You Link Party!

    ReplyDelete
  18. We had fun with this

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yummy! This looks so good. I love sweet and salty. It would also be a fun project for kids to help with. I featured it in my blog post on 10 DIY Fourth of July Ideas Kids Can Help Craft. I'd love for you to take a peek if you have a minute:

    http://www.sewcreativeblog.com/inspiration-diy-fourth-of-july-ideas-kids-can-help-craft/

    Best wishes,

    Crystal

    ReplyDelete

WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY!!!

There was an error in this gadget