Monday, June 20, 2011

INDEPENDENCE DAY MANTEL





Easy Dollar Tree Mantel Decorating!
Looking for an easy and affordable way to decorate this Independence Day?
By using Red, White and Blue items found at the Dollar Tree, you can stretch your dollar and make a nice presentation too!


For our mantel garland:
We used a package of napkins and draped them over a piece of ribbon we already had.

Stars and strips fans and heart sign:
The fans come two per package.
The sign came as is {not extra painting or adding glitter},
and has a string at the top so that can be used as a hanging decoration.

Festive candles:
Using our own mantel candles, we simply tied on patriotic ribbon from the Dollar Tree.





Red, white and blue lanterns:
We picked up two packages {1 per package}.
They actually light up too!

We hope you are inspired to decorate your mantel with some red, white and blue!

Remember, keep it Homespun!

You know my folly, O God;
my guilt is not hidden from you.
Psalm 69:5
Photos/Source
Homespun With Love



Linking to:


Sumo's Sweet StuffRunning With GlitterTodays Creative Blogall crafts Homemade Projects ~ Add Yours {6/21}IShareCraftsBeyond The Picket Fencesomewhat simple buttonCatch a Glimpse ButtonVisit thecsiproject.comThe Frugal Girlsfeatured buttonTidyMom I'm Lovin' ItJoin us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for
 the weekend wrap up party!UndertheTableandDreaminghttp://www.dimpleprints.com/?p=1625               Thrilling Thursday at Paisley PassionsCookin' for my Captaincrafting    Diva Thursday: Who will be crowned a diva this week?Chic on a Shoestring Decoratingitsy bitsy paper Photobucketlinkingpartybadge copy
http://notsosimplehousewife.blogspot.com/

16 comments:

  1. The idea to tie ribbons around the candles is creative and fun. It's nice because you are using what you have, but you are able to add a nice touch to spice it up for the 4th. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mantel is completely charming! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the 4th! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those fans! I wish I had seen them at our dollar tree :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great. I would have never known the banner was just paper napkins - very clever. I finished up my mantel not too long ago too.

    http://dandelionsanddustbunnies.blogspot.com/2011/06/red-white-and-blue-mantel.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute! I've always wondered about using napkins as garland! And those fans are just awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks fabulous! Thanks for linking up to this week's Catch a Glimpse party. I'll be featuring this tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hopped over from CSI. Very cute for such a bargain. I have bought Halloween lanterns at the $1 store and I loved them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh i love the napkin banner! how smart! how easy! how festive!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH!!! I love this! It looks fantastic! I seriously LOVE Dollar Tree! :)


    I saw this on TT&J! I'm your newest follower! I would LOVE for you to stop by and say "hello" :)

    Ami w/AliLilly

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks so good! I wish I would of seen those fans too! Looks beautiful and not too much!

    Take care!
    Jennifer
    Happy new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  12. SO CUTE! Please link this up with my "4th July treats" Linky!
    http://cookinformycaptain.blogspot.com/2011/06/4th-july-strawberries-w-linky.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute and most of all patriotic mantle!! Love it!! Stopping by from Sassy Sites! Linky Party.

    This is what I shared this week: http://craftybrooklynarmywife.blogspot.com/2011/06/summer-pillows.html

    Happy 4th of July!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much for linking up to my Red, White and Blue Linky Party!

    www.itsybitsypaperblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a festive mantle! I can't believe how great the banner looks that you made with napkins?! Incredible! Thanks for linking up to my Red, White, Blue & You Link Party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm featuring your mantle next week! Thanks again for linking up!

      Delete

WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY!!!

There was an error in this gadget