Tuesday, June 28, 2011

"Mom, I'm Bored" Jar!

What do you do when the kids say
 "Mom, I'm bored?!

We used a large plastic jar that normally stores all my cupcake papers in. {Oh the sacrifices we mother's make to keep peace in the home!}. We downloaded the free printables from
Somewhat Simple, cut them out. They have different ideas for kids to do such as "play on computer for 30 minuets" and "play a board game".We  decorated our jar and put the jar in a central location for easy access!

So, the next time you hear your kids say "Mom, I'm bored". Tell them to head to the "I'm bored" jar and choose something fun to do!
                                 We hope you are inspired!
                               Remember, keep it Homespun!

                                          The man of integrity walks securely,
                                  but he who takes crooked paths will be found out.
                                  Proverbs 10:9
Homespun With Love                                   

                                                        Linking to:

 Todays Creative Blogall crafts Homemade Projects ~ Add Yours {6/28}Confessions of a Stay At Home MommyRunning With Glitter
Catch a Glimpse ButtonPhotobucketThe Frugal GirlsDesign DazzleBeneath the Rowan TreeJoin us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for
 the weekend wrap up party!Ginger Snaps


  1. Nice! I would love it if you would link up to my Tuesday Confessional link party going on now: http://www.craftyconfessions.com/2011/06/tuesday-confessional-link-party.html. I hope to see you soon!

  2. Glad you liked this idea! Have a great summer!!!

  3. Oh now this is a great idea! I guess I'm a little more harsh and when I heard those "bad words" in my house I have a list of chores they can start on or choose to entertain themselves haha (don't get me wrong we have fun summer stuff going on too but some days mom just needs to chill at home!!) i think I will combine the two and add chores into the jar so it is a little more of a challenge!! ;)

  4. This probably works for younger kids, but what can I do for the older ones? I have 2 teenage boys who constantly get on each other's nerves. When I hear the "I'm bored" I mention chores and other things besides computers (they have a lot of access for homework, etc, but I do monitor it), and they don't want to do those things and they're still bored! Any ideas?

  5. great idea! Hope it helps keep the boredom down! Thanks for linking it up.

  6. Funny! And a clever idea. thanks for sharing - xoxo michele

  7. Great idea! I make mine make a list of 5 things she could do everyntime she says those words!

  8. Love your creativity!
    Now google and facebook following, please pop over, Karima x



There was an error in this gadget