Friday, June 3, 2011

Petite Dessert Stools


Le petite tabouret de dessert! That is French for "the little dessert stool". We just love these petite dessert stools.Everything is so adorable in miniature size isn't it! We love being able to present our sweets in new and unusual ways on the dessert table. And this "little" idea is perfect!


These dessert stools are smaller than a personal cupcake pedestal,but nonetheless as cute!
These dessert stools will hold a standard cupcake or muffin.

What you will need:
1 can of Cherry Red Krylon spray paint. Lace.1 Package of 3 inch wooden dics {Michael's}.
Wood spools {Michael's}. Hot glue.












                                                        
Prepare your work area with newspaper. Spray paint the wooden dics and spools. Apply one coat. Let dry apply a second. Rotate and/or turn the pieces to coat entirely.Once the pieces are dry, glue the dic on to the top of the spool. Apply a thin line of glue along the outside of the dic and begin attaching your lace all the way around.












Now you are ready to start using your petite dessert stools!
Knowing how we love cupcakes, we had to begin with cupcakes on display of course!
These are the perfect size to show off your pastries, chocolates and cookies!

We cut a 3 inch circle of scrap book paper and placed it on top on the dessert stool to keep the stool clean and to show how easy it is to change up the look with simple scrap book paper.
We love how the color of the spool shows through the vintage lace.


These can be set at individual place settings with a special dessert on them for your guests or placed on the dessert table in a pleasing arrangement.

We hope you have been inspired to make a set or two of these petite tabouret de dessert!
We would love to see what you come up with!
Remember, keep it Homespun!

Hatred stirs up dissension,
but love covers all wrongs.
Proverbs 10:12


Photos/Source
Homespun With Love


Linking to:
Chic on a Shoestring DecoratingThe Frugal GirlsThe Shabby NestTidyMom I'm Lovin' It
504 MainPhotobucketUndertheTableandDreamingThe Girl CreativeThe DIY Show OffSumo's Sweet StuffRunning With GlitterTodays Creative Blogall crafts Handmade Projects ~ Add Yours!
http://www.dimpleprints.com/The Shabby Nest
somewhat simple buttonCatch a Glimpse ButtonTidyMom I'm Lovin' ItDesigner Garden ButtonPhotobucketVisit thecsiproject.combutton_thumb[12]

17 comments:

  1. Very cute and different from the candlesticks and plates that are used to make these stands.

    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so pretty! Geez, you have me wanting a cupcake :)
    I posted a little surprise for you on my blog tonight!
    Don't forget to vote...and WAY TO GO!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute. What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Homespun! I'm your newest Facebook & Blog follower! I LOVE your cute cupcake stand tutorial - I NEED to try this!! I'm visiting from WhipperBerry I saw your link up there! Great job!
    You can find me here:
    http://onestopbabygifts.blogspot.com

    Have a great weekend!
    Lilli

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! What a fun idea for a party. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooohhh....so sweet. perfect for an individual cupcake gift too!

    kathryn
    www.thedragonsfairytail.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh lovely! what a great way to use old spools!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my - how cute!! You have made me so hungry!!! So glad I followed you here from the Sundae Scoop Link Party! I'm also linking up if you'd like to drop by!
    Hugs, antonella :-)
    http://quilling.blogspot.com/2011/06/filigree-friday-free-graduation.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are too cute. I would love to see you link this up at our Monday Link Party at www.dimpleprints.com!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enter your tutorial into our Party Tutorial Contest for a chance to win some fabulous prizes totaling over $200 (http://www.purejoyeventsblog.com/2011/06/party-tutorial-contest-2.html)!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it!!!! I am making a special cupcake holder for my husband on Father's day!!! Thanks for sharing and inspiring!!!
    ladeedacreations.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fantastic idea! I'll be making some of these to host cupcakes at my daughters birthday. They turned out so very cute! Please come link to my party this weekend =) http://designergarden.blogspot.com/2011/06/vip-party-18.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Soooo cute!!!! Love it!!! Would be perfect for all my baking :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would love for you to link it up to my party that is running now. Any linky goes.
    I love these.

    http://bacontimewiththehungryhypo.blogspot.com/2011/06/any-link-goes-party-running-now-summer.html

    Come strut your stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those are too cute! And you can embellish them in so many way! Thanks for linking these up too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks so much for linking up to Bacon Time. Our first party was a big hit with over 300 links. I can't wait to see what you have for me next week. I have a special give away planned just for linkers at the party. Thanks for grabbing the button to. You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey! Just wanted to invite you over to share one of your wonderful recipes at my link party- Savory Sundays!! Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete

WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY!!!

There was an error in this gadget