Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Picnic Utensil Basket


 


Lovely day for a picnic! Whether you picnic at the park, beach, or backyard, having a picnic is fun! And having all your tableware organized and in one central location is practical and not so bad looking either. With only a few thrift store and craft store supplies, we can put together your basket!

Our thrift store score was this basket for .99 cents!
We used our Krylon Dover White spray paint to cover the wicker basket.


 


While at Michael's we found these wired checkerboard flowers to use to decorate the front of the basket.We like the fact that the flowers have a wire, so that we can swap out the flowers for something else when the mood strikes.




                       We threaded the flowers onto the front of the basket.


LOVE THESE!!!



Don't  you just love the picnic ants napkins and plates?!!!
We found them and the red straws, and cutlery at Michael's.


We hope you are inspired to check put your favorite thrift store and see what picnic makeovers may be awaiting your crafty hand!

Remember, keep it Homespun!

I will sing to the Lord all my life;
I will sing praise to my God as long as I live.
Psalm 104:33


Photos/Source
Homespun With Love

Linking to:
all crafts Homemade Projects ~ Add Yours {6/21}Todays Creative BlogBeyond The Picket Fencesomewhat simple buttonVisit thecsiproject.comThe Frugal GirlsTidyMom I'm Lovin' ItJoin us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for
 the weekend wrap up party!{nifty button}UndertheTableandDreamingMaking Monday Marvelous Linky PartySumo's Sweet StuffChic on a Shoestring Decoratinglinkingpartybadge copy

12 comments:

  1. SO CUTE!!! I love the plates! I have a basket like that---with paper plate holders and then the utensils. I actually passed it up at a yard sale and went back to get it! I have gotten wayyyyy more than my $'s worth out of it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute, I love summery picnic stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a picnic, and this pretty much takes the cake. Adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not just for picnics, I have a similar basket I use any time I entertain! It's so handy and everyone always loves it! I posted about it here: http://angelnavywife.blogspot.com/2010/02/preparing-for-hospitality.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your picnic basket. It's time to enjoy summer and all the outdoor parties :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so cute! I have such a love (obsession) for good picnic baskets

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute! I saw those plates and napkins at Hobby Lobby and almost bought them for a red/white cookout. Love your basket!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like this so organized would help out alot those red checks and ants are super cute come visit me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute!
    Thank you so much for linking it up to {nifty thrifty sunday} last week!
    Hope to see more of your creativity tonight! :)
    xoxo,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete

WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY!!!

There was an error in this gadget