Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Caprese Stick


Mix it up a bit!  Try this idea the next time you need a quick, easy, tasty and crowd pleasing appetizer! You are probably use to eating Caprese on a plate. Well, you know how we like to mix things up a bit! Actually it is "deconstructing" to be correct. You too can wow your party guests in no time by doing a little deconstructing of your own! 
What You Will Need:
1 1/2 oz carton marinated fresh mozzarella balls { Trader Joe's}
fresh clean basil
1 can black olives, drained
clean cherry tomatoes
1 cup balsamic vinegar
3 gloves garlic, crushed
1 tablespoon olive oil
salt & pepper
wooden corn cob sticks {Walmart}


                                           How To:
                         Place cherry tomatoes, black olives, garlic and olive oil in a container with a lid and allow to marinate overnight preferably, or for several hours. Once the mixture has marinated, take your basil and if the leafs are large, lay them flat on a cutting board and slice them lengthwize in half down the vein.
This will give you two leaf's for two sticks.
                         

  Begin by carefully skewering on a cherry tomato lengthwise, then olive, basil leaf and mozzarella ball. Continue on to the next stick and until you are finished. Arrange on a platter, serve and enjoy!


We hope you are inspired to make up some Caprese Stick! We can think of so many ways these little sticks of fun can be added to a cocktail party, picnic or family dinner night!
                                        Remember, keep it Homespun!

                                              The voice of the Lord is over many waters;
                                              The God of glory thunders;
                                              The Lord is over many waters.
                                             Psalm 29:3
Source:
Homespun With Love

:\Linking To:
somewhat simple button

17 comments:

  1. Great idea and they look so pretty this way too! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM...and healthy! Thanks so much for sharing this on our Bellenza FB page, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are sooooo good! I love Caprese salad and I had these served like this at a restaurant recently and loved them!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Genius! My family adores caprese salad and anything on sticks. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM I LOVE caprese! YUM YUM! darnit now I'm craving it...

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so good and creative. I would love it if you came over to Cast Party Wednesday tomorrow and shared some of your recipes with us.
    Thanks,
    I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a great idea! I love it! Thanks so much for sharing, I am visiting from Sweet Peas and Bumblebees :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this! Very cute and practical. I love your blog!

    Your newest follower,
    Abby
    i---create
    (come take a look if you like)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fresh, delicious, beautiful! I love your caprese sticks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful! love these
    Jess @ the balanced libra
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Do you remember which department you found the sticks in? I was at Walmart today and didn't see them in the "kitchen gadget" section.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh! I love this! I'm your newest follower from Chic & Crafty. I'd love for you to link up to my Tasty Thursday Recipe Swap Blog Hop and share the deliciousness! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love Caprese! and always looking for new "finger" foods for my "grazing" parties - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These look yummy! I am always looking for new easy party finger foods. These are perfect. I found you from the Creation Corner link up party.

    ~Mrs. Bee
    http://thebumbleinthebee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank You for sharing your recipes with me at Cast Party Wednesday. I would love to see more of your recipes tomorrow!
    Thanks,
    I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These look super delish ~ thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi there. Food on Friday: Tomatoes is open for entries. This looks like a neat one! I do hope you link it in. This is the link . Cheers

    ReplyDelete

WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY!!!

There was an error in this gadget