Thursday, July 28, 2011

Easy Decor:{Tin Can Flower Vases}


Tin Can Beauty! Sometimes we need to see things not for what they "are", but for what they "could" be! That is what we did with these cans. After emptying their contents during cooking, we realized these would make great vintage looking flower vases!
Our imagination was sparked, and off we went! 

What You Need:
A couple of clean, label removed,  different sized tin cans.
Vintage lace. {a thrift store bag we found}
Hot glue.
Fresh cut flowers {thankfully, we have a cutting garden}



How To:
We removed the entire lid off our large can.
Our smaller cans were milk cans and only required a punch opener and we liked the way the points looked.
Decide on your lace length and cut it off to fit around your cans.
Apply a line of hot glue to the back side of the can and place on your lace to get it started.
Wrap lace all around your can and meet at the seam. Apply more glue if needed and attach lace.

Add water to your now "vases".
Place your beautiful flowers in the vases.







We love how simple these are, and love how the silver comes through the lace.
We hope you are inspired to see something for what it "could" be and give it a try!
We would love to see what you come up with! Remember, keep it Homespun!

                                                 The Lord will give strength to His people;
                                                 The Lord will bless His people with peace.
                                                 Psalm 29:11
Source:
Homespun With Love
Linking To:

somewhat simple buttonCatch a Glimpse ButtonThe Frugal GirlsSimply DesigningPhotobucket{nifty button}125 buttonPhotobucketJoin us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for
 the weekend wrap up party!UndertheTableandDreamingMaking Monday Marvelous Linky Partyall crafts Homemade Projects ~ Add Yours {8/1}Sumo's Sweet StuffhomeworkRunning with Glitterhttp://linesacrossmyface.blogspot.com/search/label/the%20Cure%20for%20the%20Common%20MondayPhotobucket
NewNostalgiaNothing But CountryTodays Creative BlogGinger Snapshttp://www.bluecricketdesign.net/DIY under $5Home SavvyThrilling Thursday at Paisley PassionsChic on a Shoestring DecoratingPhotobucketExtreme Personal MeasuresTidyMom I'm Lovin' ItKeeping It SimplePhotobucket

21 comments:

  1. What a great idea! Cute, quick, cheap--that's my kinda craft!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea and it looks so pretty! Thanks for sharing I will be using this in my house. Hugs, Bobbi Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! I actually have a can I saved to try and do something with!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there….
    I found your fabulous project and blog through the linky party at A Creative Princess :)
    I'd like to invite you to my weekly T.G.I.F. Linky party to share your projects -- I'm looking to grow my party with good quality projects just like this one….here is the direct link if you'd like to join us sometime….:)
    T.G.I.F. Linky Party

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a simple solution with a beautiful outcome! Stopping by from Flamingo Toes' think pink Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it!! Great idea. I love how you mixed something standard and hard with something so delicate.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love lace and i think this is such a great idea

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty idea and I love that it is simple too. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simple and BEAUTIFUL. I would love it if you would stop by and link up this post with the craft party I have recently started at Lines Across My Face.
    :) Rachel
    http://linesacrossmyface.blogspot.com/2011/07/craft-link-party-2-cure-for-common.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty =D I'm stopping by from the Sunday Showcase party. I would love for you to link this up to My Favorite Things party! It's going on all week,
    & be sure to check out my giveaway too!
    Thanks
    ~Iffy~

    www.stayathomenation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love this! Thanks again for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so simple and yet so darling! I love the vintage lace look (I use my grandmother's vintage lace all the time). Great job :)

    Bekah
    beckaboots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. The vintage lace totally makes it. So cute. Thanks for linking with DIY under $5!

    ReplyDelete
  14. great idea, lovin the lace xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Easy & super cute!! Love them!
    I'm hosting a link party today. Stop by if you'd like!
    http://formamas.blogspot.com/2011/08/show-tell-party-1.html

    Chrissy
    www.formamas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice... the lace is very well used on those cans.


    We have a link-up party going on - Tea Time Thursdays @ Kreative Korner. I would really appreciate if you'd link up some of your awesome posts there. Hope to see you at the party.

    http://tanyaanurag.blogspot.com/2011/08/tea-time-thursdays-2-and-features.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love these so much that I featured them on my monthly round-up of "cool things on the web". Thank you for sharing!

    (you can find the link here if you're interested:)
    http://charlottelaughs.blogspot.com/2011/09/round-up-september-edition-maybe-last.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for auditioning for American Crafter!

    ReplyDelete

WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY!!!

There was an error in this gadget