Saturday, July 23, 2011

Fun Food: {Little Lemon Cups}



Little bites of BIG flavor!
Where would we be without our beloved lemon?
What is it about this God given creation that we love so much?!
 Is it the smell? The taste? The aesthetic appeal? The versatility?
 Hands down...... all the above!
We present to you our Little Lemon Cups.....

What You Will Need:
1-2 packages Mini pastry cups {found ours at the Grocery Outlet}
1 8oz. carton Mascarpone {Trader Joe's}
1 10oz. bottle Lemon Curd
optional: 1/2 t. vanilla and lemon extract


 


How To:
Allow Mascarpone to sit out of fridge 5-10 minuets to soften.
Mix lemon curd, extracts and mascarpone cheese together in a bowl until well blended.

{this is what the pastry cup looks like before filling}


Using either a spoon or pastry bag fill the pastry cups as desired.



Garnish with grated lemon rind if desired.


Serve or chill in fridge
These can also be used with savory fillings inside too.

These are quick, simple and would make great dessert options on your dessert tables!
 We hope you are inspired to give these a try! Remember, keep it Homespun!

                                             Bow down Your ear to me,
                                             Deliver me speedily;
                                             Be my rock of refuge,
                                           A fortress of defense to save me.
                                           Psalm 31:2
Source:
Homespun With Love


Linking To:

{nifty button}UndertheTableandDreamingRunning with GlitterCatch a Glimpse ButtonSumo's Sweet Stuffsomewhat simple button
    Making Monday Marvelous Linky PartyThe Girl CreativeTodays Creative Blogall crafts Homemade Projects ~ Add Yours {7/26}homework
Cast Party WednesdayThe Frugal GirlshomeworkJoin us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for
 the weekend wrap up party!Button

12 comments:

  1. Mmmm...puff pastry & lemon! That's the perfect combination of sweet and tart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yumm!! I love lemon!!! Those pastry cups are too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw this link at Nifty Thrifty...they look so fresh and yummy. I've never seen the pastry cups but you can be sure I'm going to be on the look-out! I'm a new follower and facebook liker.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, I'm going to have to make these! Thanks for the recipe! Visiting from Stephanie Lynn's Showcase.

    Please visit me at http://creativeeyedias.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow these look terrific! I am having a picnic on Friday and I am going to make these, thanks for sharing!

    Stopping in from Under the Table & Dreaming.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look delicious and refreshing! Yum. If you have a moment, I would love for you to share this project on my Inspiration Board {link party}.
    http://carolynshomework.blogspot.com/2011/07/inspiration-board-link-party-8.html
    Thank you!
    carolyn | homework

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this! It would be great if you came over to Cast Party Wednesday tomorrow and shared some of your recipes.
    Thanks,
    I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to say, those look del-ish! Check out my blog August 7th-13th when it will all be about Creating Smiles Week! There will be guest posting and giveaways to charities! I would love to see your face there! www.hannahhandmade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look really delicious!!
    Thank you so much for linking it up to {nifty thrifty sunday} last week as well! :)
    xoxo,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these! I've just recently discovered the joys of baking with puff pastries. I'll definitely have to give these a try. Thanks for sharing on A Well-Seasoned Life's Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

    ReplyDelete

WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY!!!

There was an error in this gadget