Saturday, July 30, 2011

Green & Thrifty: {Thrift Store Love}

Check out our latest thrift store finds! Liken us to kids in a candy store when it comes to thrift store shopping! On this day, we found this really cool vintage looking Double Rosette and Timbale Iron {above}, made by Nordic Ware for $1.49!
We weren't sure what it was at first, but knew we could not pass it by.
 After a little research, it all made since!

This is a look at what's inside the box.
We are looking forward to trying out some recipes using this gadget.
Does anyone have any traditional recipes to use with the Timbale Iron?!
Would love to get some and share with others!

We found these white petal dessert cups and thought of so many uses for them.
Pudding cups, ice cream cups, fruit cups, ice cream toppings cups ~ the list goes on!
                                                      All four for $2.99!


Button button who has the button?! Love finding sewing notions at the thrift store! More times than not those findings are vintage and less contemporary.{If those buttons could talk, what stories they would tell!}. These buttons even smelled old, in a good way. Reminded us of our grandmothers button cans.
 All those buttons for $2.99 when elsewhere, well, you know the going prices.

Vintage sundae glasses! Love them in general, empty full it doesn't matter! The previous owner even used them as candle holders by flipping them over and setting a candle on it! Not hard to figure out by the melted wax left behind! Great idea though. Each of the sundae glasses were .69 cents! Can you buy a scoop of ice cream for that?!

It was a good day thrift store shopping!
We hope you are inspired to get to your local thrift store and pick up some nifty thrifty finds!
 Remember, keep it Homespun!
Blessed be the Lord,
for He has shown me
His marvelous kindness in a
strong city!
Psalm 31:21

Homespun With Love
Linking to:
{nifty button}UndertheTableandDreamingMaking Monday Marvelous Linky PartySumo's Sweet StuffDIY under $5


  1. Imagewear offers a huge selection of Custom Embroidered Field Day T-Shirts. Use our online designer to create or upload your logo.Switch between different polo shirts and color options to view your finished product prior to purchasing. We have over 60 years of experience that will not let you down.

  2. Great finds! I love buttons and will buy just about every time I see them. Those white dessert cups are so cute.

  3. Great stuff! I love the sundae glasses!

  4. What fantastic finds!!! I LOVE the sundae glasses. They are terrific. :)

  5. Great finds! I love the irons.

  6. I have a Double Rosette and Timbale Iron. My mother use to make them but we have missed placed the recipes. If you find recipes PLEASE share with us. I would like to make some things with them. Thanks.

  7. How fun! I love the dessert cups...they are so cute! I would love some like that! Great finds...I wish I had an eye for finding awesome things like that at the thrift store! I have a party going on over at my blog if you want to join! I'd love to have you! Check it out under the "Stache Party" page on my blog:

  8. I remember making rosettes as a kid. What a great find. Wish I could find more buttons too. Thanks for linking with DIY under $5!

  9. I too remember making rosettes with my mom when I was young. So yummy and so pretty! Have fun with your new gadget.

  10. Visiting from TaterTots and Jello! I would love all those buttons!! And the dessert cups are heavenly!!




There was an error in this gadget