Monday, July 25, 2011

Kids Craft: {Bleach Pen T-Shirt}



Cool kids tee shirt art!
You probably only considered using bleach for your whites, but now it is okay to use it on your color!
We came across the inspiration at Family Fun and could not wait for the chance to try this out!
We have to say, it is fun for everyone!







What You Need:
Old t-shirts {we purchased our from the thrift store for a total of $3.00}
Clorox Bleach Pen {purchased ours at Target for about $3.59}
Wax paper {on hand}


How To:
Please Note:
{You may want to have children wear old clothes
or a smock while using the Bleach Pen to protect clothing.
 Use with good ventilation and adult supervision}
Use clean, dry t-shirts.
Prepare work surface with newspaper.
Lay down your t-shirt on work surface.
Cut off length of wax paper to fit inside t-shirt to protect transferring bleach to back side of t-shirt.
You can use chalk to draw on your design first before applying Bleach pen. We choose to draw free-hand.
Give the Bleach Pen a couple good shakes, and test on a paper towel.
Apply Bleach pen to shirt trying not to be too heavy handed.
Allow to completely dry.
Wash t-shirts separately. We hand washed ours in the sink and lined dried {hence the wrinkles :) }




What a lot of fun this was! We will definitely be doing this one again!
As, always, we hope you are inspired! Remember, keep it Homespun!

Many are the woes of the wicked,
but the Lords unfailing love
surrounds the man who trusts in Him.
Psalm 32:10

Source:
Homespun With Love


Linking To:

24 comments:

  1. What a cool idea! I am going to try this with the grandson this week when he comes to stay! I might even give it a shot at school too! 8-) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really really like this! It is fun to see something new like this! I may just have to get one of these bleach pens and try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice design.Some more designing t-shirts over at.......Virginia Promotional Gifts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! And that also sound like fuN! Maybe I’ll try that this weekend.... ! Check out my blog August 7th-13th when it will all be about Creating Smiles Week! There will be guest posting and giveaways to charities! I would love to see your face there! www.hannahhandmade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for linking to Take-A-Look Tuesday - - I featured you today! - Mandy, www.SugarBeeCrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You rock! Thank you so much for sharing this on my linkup party.

    I am going to share a link to it on Facebook as well. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! We will have to give this a try.

    Jo @ SmileMonsters

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh what fun!!! Love the sunshine shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. FANTASTIC IDEA!!!! I am sooooo doing this as a project for onesies!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea! This is Casey stopping by from kidspiredcreations.blogspot.com. I got your link from Design Dazzle.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I never would have thought of this, but the end result looks so cute. I especially like the one with the sun.

    Thanks for linking up with Fun for kids Friday. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your shirts turned out amazing! I can't wait to do this with my own son. Thanks so much for sharing. Stopping over from the Sun Scholars linky.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am loving this shirt. What a fun project for littles to do this summer. I'd love for you to link this up at my Feature Friday Link Party

    http://blissfulanddomestic.blogspot.com/2011/07/feature-friday_29.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is adorable!

    I run Fun Family Crafts, a library of craft tutorials geared at kids of all ages. I would love it if you'd stop by and submit this to be featured! (I link to you, I don't post your tutorial on the site) Feel free to submit as many kid friendly craft tutorials as you like! http://funfamilycrafts.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi,

    Beautiful idea of designing kids t-shirts. Kid also have a great fun in doing painting on t-shirts. They can use their own creativity to put their favorite art on the t-shirts. Thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for linking up to Crafts for Under Twenty-Somethings Thursday! Awesome post!!


    Melanie
    bearrabbitbear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you!! You've inspired this:
    http://ishouldaturnedleft.blogspot.com/2011/08/bleach-pen-t-shirts.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi friends,

    Using a bleach pen you can create a rad shirt in about 15 minutes. Bleach is strong stuff, so while working on this project, wear old clothes and rubber gloves, follow safety precautions on the label, supervise kids closely and work in a well-ventilated area. Thanks for sharing it......

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am a fashion designer and I think that is such a beautiful idea.

    t-shirts

    ReplyDelete

WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY!!!

Share It