Thursday, July 14, 2011

Mini Blueberry Muffin Skewers

Something small and something blue! My son recently asked for homemade blueberry muffins and I was more than happy to oblige him! It did not take me long to come up with a Homespun  way of how I would serve these sweet, tender little beauties! 

Using our favorite gluten free baking mix, fresh blueberries and adding in our secret ingredient {coconut oil}, I baked these cuties off as min's and went to work creating the skewer to display them on.

Using blue and white gingham scrap book paper, I simply punched out a 2" scallop.
Poked a hole in the plain side of the scallop, inserted my skewer. I double lined my muffins {always do}
for eye appeal and to prevent stains on the scrap book paper, and poked the dressed up skewer into the bottom of the muffin.

Love using mason jars for so many things ~like ~ mini blueberry muffin skewer holder!
Placed a few blue paper flowers in the bottom of the jar and tied a simple ribbon around the neck.
Placed the muffin skewers in the jar.

That's it!

The next time you are feeling a little "blue" do a little mini blueberry muffin baking, it will make you happy :)
We hope you are inspired! Remember, keep it Homespun!

But as for me, I trust in You,
O Lord;
I say, "You are my God".
Psalm 31:14

Homespun With Love
Linking To:
somewhat simple buttonCatch a Glimpse ButtonThrilling Thursday at Paisley PassionsPhotobucketPhotobucketThe Frugal GirlsThis Week\The How To MommyTidyMom I'm Lovin' ItDesign DazzleFriday Food 

Keeping It SimplePhotobucketUndertheTableandDreamingThe Tattered TagMaking Monday Marvelous Linky PartyRunning with GlitterSumo's Sweet StuffThe Girl Creative
Todays Creative Blogall crafts Homemade Projects ~ Add Yours {7/19}Nothing But Country DIY under $5 The Mommy ClubPhotobucketSimply Designing PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

{nifty button}Beneath the Rowan TreeUndertheTableandDreaminghomework


  1. What a cute idea! Great for a brunch party!

  2. Very cute...I love to put snacks on a skewer...easy and fun!

  3. Love the presentation! What a great way to deliver up to the school for a special thank you or happy. I'm filing this idea away!

  4. cutest idea (in my opinion) of the links this week.

  5. How cute!! Perfect for brunch with guests!

  6. LOVE this presentation! It's like a mini cupcake pop, super cute :) I also wanted to invite you over to my cookbook giveaway that is going on right now. Today is the last day to enter so stop on by! Hope you are having a great week :)

  7. I found you from the Paisely Linky. The photo made me click over here to see your creative recipe. What a perfect muffin for a shower or tea party. I do hope you'll take a moment and link up over at Friday Food, my recipe linky. This week I'm featuring a zesty burger:

  8. What a great Idea! I am featuring it tomorrow morning on my blog, you can stop by and grab a button if you want. :)

  9. Great presentation... perfect for a brunch party! I'm your newest follower!

    -caroline @ c.w.frosting

  10. This would make such a cute center piece for a dessert table.

  11. What a cute idea! It looks so great!

  12. ah those look so yummy! I love blueberry muffins! Thank you so much for linking up to Handmade Tuesdays @ Ladybug Blessings!

  13. I hopped on over from Today's Creative Blog party. These caught my eye! I love blueberry muffins. They are a household favorite. I love your presentation. So creative!

  14. What a fun way to display the muffins! My daughter is a BIG fan of blueberry muffins!!

  15. These are so totally cute. You could even add a little note to the scrapbook paper for a little surprise/ pick me up once the muffins have been eaten. Thanks for sharing.
    {found you through Today's creative blog}

  16. So stinkin cute! I'm pinning it and making it a Darling on Friday! Yay!
    And that's it! I'm following you now too!

  17. I loved the pecan pies you did before, and I love these too! Thanks for linking up for Friday Favorites. I'm featuring you again this week!

  18. Love this idea! Going to a potluck breakfast and now I know what I'm bringing! Saw you on Lil Luna.

  19. What a precious display!

    I would love for you to share a link to this on my new meme that is all about mommy solutions and resources!

  20. oh wow I am really loving this idea. Simple but would make such an impact on the table!

  21. These are pretty much adorable! Love it with the gingham. How fun for a baby shower brunch. Thanks for linking up with DIY under $5!

  22. Thanks for linking up! I'll be featuring this on my blog tomorrow!


  23. Hmm.. These look so yummy and like so much fun!
    Thank you so much for linking this up to {nifty thrifty sunday} last week! I will feature them tomorrow!!



There was an error in this gadget