Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Popsicle Wednesday: {Coconut Watermelon Popsicles}


Sneak in a little "healthy" in your Popsicle treats this summer!
Trying to come up with some healthy, good tasting Popsicle treats this summer?! We have another one for you here! With only three ingredients and flavors children like, this ones a winner! 

What you need:

Watermelon{1 whole personal mini ~ sliced in pieces ~ rind removed}
1 can coconut milk {Trader Joe's Lite}
1/3 cup Agave Nectar


                                            How To:
                                     Place all ingredients in blender and puree together.


                                 Pour into Popsicle molds. Makes 16 Popsicles.
                                   

                  Make these up ahead of time and have on hand when the summer heat is sizzling and everyone needs a cool sweet treat!
Be sure to check out all the health benefits of coconut.
                                 Remember, keep it Homespun!

Source:
Homespun With Love                     I will be glad and rejoice in Your mercy,
                                                       For you have considered my trouble;
                                                      You have known my soul in adversities.
                                                       Psalm 31:7
                      Linking To:
somewhat simple buttonCatch a Glimpse ButtonThrilling Thursday at Paisley PassionsPhotobucketThe Frugal GirlsPhotobucketThis Week\TidyMom I'm Lovin' ItThe How To MommyJoin us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for
 the weekend wrap up party!{nifty button}UndertheTableandDreamingBeneath the Rowan TreeRunning with GlitterSumo's Sweet StuffMaking Monday Marvelous Linky PartyThe Girl CreativeTodays Creative Blogall crafts Homemade Projects ~ Add Yours {7/26}PhotobucketPhotobucket

11 comments:

  1. Great idea! Kids won't even notice the "healthy" in these...they'd be too busy enjoying them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids would love these. I would love for you to stop by http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/ on Monday to link up your recipe and any other projects you would like to share.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I'd love it is you shared it on the new series called Happy Healthy Me on the Glitter Blog http://runwithglitter.blogspot.com/2011/07/link-up-happy-healthy-me.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, those sound so refreshing! Especially in the extreme heat we've been having. And I never knew all that about coconut. I'd love it if you'd link this up to my Tasty Thursday Recipe Swap Blog Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These sound soooo delicious! I just linked your recipe to my latest post:
    http://lovesugarkisses.blogspot.com/2011/07/fridays-fabulous-five.html

    I would love it if you stopped by to take a look :)

    Thanks!
    Maria @ Love & Sugar Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  6. My kids love popsicles so these would be great!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those popsicles look yummy. I keep meaning to pick up some of those plastic thingys when I go to the store but always forget. I best do it before summer is over. I'll be joining you all next Thursday. I'm on a mission!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Homemade popsicles sound yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. healthy pos- doesn't that take all the fun out of them? j/k we are a coconut lovin' family too! Come and share this with WorkShop Wednesday. It would make a great addition to the party!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh, this sounds and looks really delicious and refreshing!!
    Thank you so much for linking this up to {nifty thrifty sunday} last week as well!!
    xoxo,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete

WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY!!!

There was an error in this gadget