Monday, August 1, 2011

Frugal Decor: {PB Diffuser Knock Off}



Something for the mantel!
 While wanting to change up the mantle for the rest of  summer,
I came across this inspiration and knew I could get the look
 {with my personal style} for a lot less cash.
 Here is what I did..... 


What You Will Need:
Clear glass bottle { $1.50Walmart}   Fragrance oil {$2.50Walmart}. Reeds for diffusers { $2.79 Walmart}. Krylon Dover White {crush} spray paint {already had}.


How To:
Prepare your work area with newspaper. Spray bottle in several light coats allowing each coat to dry before proceeding. Once bottle is dry, open your fragrance oil and add to your newly painted bottle.


                                       Place your decorative reeds in the bottle.


                                    And show off your new, PB knock off oil diffuser!

It is so much fun to add little home decor items to your home that were made by you and that did not cost a fortune! We really hope you are inspired to take a chance on some home decor craft ideas you have been wanting to try and knock them out of the park! Remember, keep it Homespun!

                         Blessed is the man whose sin the Lord does not count against him;
                        and in whose spirit is no deceit.
                         Psalm 32:2
Source:
Homespun With Love


Linking To:

12 comments:

  1. excellent job looks awesome. frances

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Normally I'd choose a color but your white with white looks so classy! Definitely the right choice. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I see these things every where but no way would I spend the money on them! I love the white, too, - super elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Dover White" is going on my list of items to pick up! This turned out BEEEEEAUTIFUL! What a special hand made treat to yourself! I would love for you to link your vace up at my Savvy HomeMade Monday blog party which is still going on at:

    http://www.homesavvyatoz.com/2011/07/28/savvy-homemade-monday-party-1/

    I am a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just realized you made the tin can vases as well. You officially have a new stalker! :) I am now digging through all of your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it!!! This turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. pretty! I like the whole mental arrangement! found your link at think pink sundays :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant! I've been pricing these for ages ever since I fell in love with a cinnamon one my friend had. I went home a looked it up online..&60.00!! Yeah, not really in my budget. LOL It never occurred to me I could make one myself. Thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Olá,
    Vi seu trabalho no Crafty Soiree, vim conhecer e pude apreciar uma arte criativa que ficou muito bela para enfeitar a sala.
    Parabéns!
    Bjs
    LelÊ

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahh Love this too!! http://formamas.blogspot.com/2011/08/show-tell-party-1.html

    Chrissy
    www.formamas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like that... it's so soothing!


    We have a link-up party going on - Tea Time Thursdays @ Kreative Korner. I would really appreciate if you'd link up some of your awesome posts there. Hope to see you at the party.

    http://tanyaanurag.blogspot.com/2011/08/tea-time-thursdays-2-and-features.html

    ReplyDelete

WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY!!!

There was an error in this gadget