Thursday, August 25, 2011

Kids Craft: {Toy Magnets}


What to do with all those toys!
Put those mismatched, underplayed with, forgotten little toys we all have to good use!
If you are like us and have a couple toy bins of mismatched, still want to keep toys that really need to move on, but it would break some hearts to do so....... do what we did and re purpose them into something worth keeping around a little while longer!

Just a few of the toys we used to make into magnets.

Use whatever you may have that the kids want to keep
 and that you have approve of worth keeping,
at least for a little while longer.




Use round magnets and hot glue them onto your soon to be re purposed objects.




There ~   new life to old toys and a little lift for the fridge!





                                      Love the shoe!

                Simple, fast, useful, creative, cost effective, green!
               All the things we like around here! Remember, keep it Homespun!
                                         
                                                          If the Lord delights in man's way,
                                                          He makes his steps firm;
                                                          though he stumble, he will not fall,
                                                          for the Lord upholds him with His hand.
                                                         Psalm 37:23-24
                                                         

Source:
Homespun With Love

Linking To:

Somewhat Simple
Catch a Glimpse ButtonPhotobucketMaking Monday Marvelous Linky PartyThe Frugal GirlsPhotobucketThis Week\TidyMom I'm Lovin' ItPhotobucketPhotobucketJoin us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for
 the weekend wrap up party!I Can Teach My Child{nifty button}UndertheTableandDreamingCSS Logo post smallLogo

25 comments:

  1. Cute idea! Love the big leggo pieces!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great!! I'm totally on my way to grab my glue gun and find some unappreciated toys right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! Love the little knight guy :-)

    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Couldn't have found your post at a better time. I just cleaned out our toy chest, my kids would get a kick out of this! Thanks for the idea! :)

    Visiting from Tatertots & Jello!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a cute idea. I love the Legos!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea. Visiting from Running with Glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea! I love these. They are so cute and my son loves playing with magnets anyway. I would love it if you would stop by and share at the crafty link party going on right now at Lines Across My Face. I hope to see you soon,
    Rachel
    http://linesacrossmyface.blogspot.com/2011/08/cure-for-common-monday-6-craft-link.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea! My son loves Legos so he would be all for this!

    I want to invite you to join my brand, spankin new link party!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea! Thanks for linking up
    Emily
    domesticdeadline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. great idea! we need something like that for our little gal. thanks for sharing. stopping by from homemaker on a dime.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cute idea! I'm always coming up with new cute ways to make magnets...i absolutely love them! I've made them from scrabble tiles before, but I might have to try legos!!

    Linda
    http://lasteve1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for linking up at my party. I feel like the new kid at school...worried no one would play with me so thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutly love this idea!! and so would my kids

    would love it if you could share this post on my new link party, Serenity Saturday, over at www.serenityyou.blogspot.com

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very simple but looks great-keeps the kids happy and the environment happy. Too good. Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  15. such a great idea, i might have to steal it! :) i love magnets! i have a magnet diy on my own blog as well.

    ReplyDelete
  16. very clever and so much fun! thanks so much for sharing on craft schooling Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love these! SO cute!

    I'd be honored if you'd link up to our Crafts for Under Twenty Somethings party going on now!! http://bearrabbitbear.blogspot.com/2011/08/crafts-for-under-twenty-somethings-4.html



    Melanie
    bearrabbitbear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. wonderful idea! I just had to share it!
    http://dollarstoremom.com/2011/09/make-upcycled-toy-magnets/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very cute idea! I'm always looking for cute things to put on the fridge. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the idea! toy magnets! I can't begin to tell how many odds and ends of toy sets we've had over the years. Now I'll have a use for them!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is a great idea! I would love to feature this on Reduce, Reuse, Upcycle. Feel free to stop by and grab a featured button. Thanks!

    http://reuseandupcycle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY!!!

There was an error in this gadget