Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Little Green Thumbs!: {Rain Boot Herb Garden}



Have a couple of little green thumbs in the family?!
Children love  digging around in the mud and dirt
 exploring, creating and imagining as only children can do!
 Why not combine that love with gardening and re purposing!
That is what we have done here with our rain boot herb garden! 


Using rain boots no longer able to wear, we poked several holes in the bottom/soles of the rain boots to allow for drainage.



We selected Peppermint and Sage


                                     Italian Parsley and Tarragon for our herb garden.


Using a good quality organic potting soil, we potted our herbs.



Gave our thirsty friends a good drink of water


They look much happier now!


Now we can have fresh, organic herbs right at our finger tips when ever we need them!
 We are looking forward to making Peppermint tea with our Peppermint!
Adding the Italian Parsley to our garlic shrimp and pasta dish!
Tarragon to a yummy vinaigrette!
And trying fried Sage leafs!
Remember, keep it Homespun!

The Lord loves righteousness and justice;
the earth is full of His unfailing love!
Psalm 33:5
Source:
Homespun With Love
Linking To:
Todays Creative Blogall crafts Homemade Projects ~ Add Yours {8/8}Nothing But CountryhomeworkRunning with GlitterGinger SnapsBeneath the Rowan TreeConfessions of a Stay At Home MommyKeeping It SimpleSomewhat SimpleCatch a Glimpse ButtonPhotobucketThe Frugal GirlsThis Week\Simply DesigningI Can Teach My ChildSumo's Sweet StuffJoin us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for
 the weekend wrap up party!{nifty button}UndertheTableandDreamingFun Family CraftsPhotobucketHome SavvyBeneath the Rowan TreeCSS Logo post smallUndertheTableandDreamingPhotobucketTidyMom I'm Lovin' ItDesign DazzlePhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

19 comments:

  1. Haha, this is SO cute! What a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this! My son has a really similar pair of rain boots that we got at Target last Spring and he has loved them so much that I know neither of us are going to be able to part with them when they don't fit any more. This is the perfect solution; I can keep them around and they'll actually be useful instead of just taking up space in storage! Thanks SO much! He will enjoy planting the herbs with me too, and looking at his little froggies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great upcycle! I would love it if you linked up to my Tuesday Confessional link party going on now: http://www.craftyconfessions.com/2011/08/tuesday-confessional-link-party-and.html
    I hope to see you soon!
    ~Macy

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, so cute!!! A great use for all these old rain boots I have laying around here!

    Have a great weekend,
    Laurie @ Gallamore West :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How whimsical and perfect for getting children excited about gardening.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great idea. Especially since the boots are so cute you want to be able to see them on a regular basis!

    ReplyDelete
  7. aww these are so cute! found you via nifty thrifty linky party! i just finished a Green Thumbs summer camp with my 4 and 5 year olds! wish i did this with them! i brought them herbs from my garden to show&tell tho, and they loved touching and smelling them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an absolutely fabulous way to repurpose something old into something new - and great! Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it! My kids will love it!


    I came across your blog on Skip to my Lou! I'm a new follower and fb fan!

    I'm hosting a link party..."Fusion Fridays" {Open All Weekend!}
    http://janedeereblog.blogspot.com

    I would love it if you would come by Friday and link up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are awesome! I share them on the Glitter FB page! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Running-With-Glitter/111774958903316

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute idea, saw you on linky party. I am already a google follower of yours. Karima x www.karimascrafts.com Please pop by, my linky this week is a plug organizer.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Following you with GFC!
    I love how earth friendly this is in so many ways. I am going to feature this on Friday at Bacon Time. Thanks for linking up, hope to see you each week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is such a fabulous idea. It can be used indoors as well.


    We have a link-up party going on - Tea Time Thursdays @ Kreative Korner. I would really appreciate if you'd link up some of your awesome posts there. Hope to see you at the party.

    http://tanyaanurag.blogspot.com/2011/08/tea-time-thursdays-2-and-features.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really love this idea...it gives me a reason to keep these cute boots in the house...I hope you will link up here:
    http://www.thegingerbreadblog.com/2011/08/sweet-saturday-v1.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. I featured this excellent post here, on facebook, and pinned on Pinterest. Thanks for linking up at Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. thank you so much for linking up! I hope to see you next week!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. YAY! I featured you here:
    http://www.thegingerbreadblog.com/2011/08/sweet-saturday-v2.html

    ReplyDelete

WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY!!!

Share It