Homemade love! There is just something so comforting about homemade applesauce. It begins with the preparation. Cooking the apples and smelling the cinnamon and sweetness traveling all over the house! We are continuing on with our "Apple Wednesday" theme for the month of September and we thought we would make some homemade applesauce! Not just any old ordinary applesauce, but good for you Maple Cinnamon Applesauce that is hearty. We think this recipe falls into the category of "comfort foods".It is not overly sweet, but sweet enough.....has just the right amount of cinnamon spice and maple flavoring...and it is the perfect Autumn snack, dessert or breakfast!
The heavenly smell of apples and cinnamon makes everything alright!
We came across this delicious recipe over at Eating Well, and loved the simplicity of it!
Even those of you not so much into cooking will find this recipe quick and easy.....and delicious!
Maple Cinnamon Applesauce
Via Eating Well
- 6 McIntosh or other tart apples, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 Golden Delicious or other sweet apple, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Combine apple pieces and water in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to maintain a simmer. Cover and cook, stirring once or twice, until the apples are very soft and falling apart, about 30 minutes. Mash the apples to the desired consistency and stir in maple syrup and cinnamon.
Added extra cinnamon to the apples while cooking.
Left a little of the apple peel on.
Ate while still warm!
All the comforts of home with love!
We hope you are inspired! Remember, keep it Homespun!
Better a little with righteousness
than much gain with injustice.
Homespun With Love