Saturday, September 24, 2011

Autumn Candles:{ Mantel Candles}


Using what you have!
Wouldn't we all love to rush out and shop for the lovely catalog Autumn decor
that beautifully decorates the pages we linger over?!
Today we would like to show you how to turn your "what you have", candles
 into beautiful Autumn decor,just as good as what we see in the catalog's,
 and for a lot less money! 



Using our candles that we pretty much use all year long, we change out the look of them by simply changing the embellishments. To make our Autumn mantel candles we used: flame less candles.
Dollar Tree leaves and some thread we had. Be resourceful and take a walk outside and pick up some beautiful leaves to make your candle decorations.


                   Cut off a length of string to wrap around each candle.
                   Layer your leaves together.
                   Hold the leaves in place with one hand and
                   wrap the string around the leaves and candle.
                    Tie string in a knot.



It is just the little touches that really pull everything together and make a statement.
We hope you are inspired to Autumn up your mantel candles!
Remember, keep it Homespun!

He who pursues righteousness and love
finds life, prosperity, and honor
Proverbs 21:21



Source
Homespun With Love

Linking to:
Six Sister's StuffUndertheTableandDreamingSumo's Sweet Stuffall crafts Homemade Projects ~ Add Yours {9/27}The Lettered CottageTodays Creative BlogVisit thecsiproject.comThe Frugal Girls

7 comments:

  1. Hi Kristin, I absolutely love your idea about rewrapping your candles. How pretty! You are already saving my husband money, and he always likes that. I don't have to buy new candles. Now I know what I will do with that raffia ribbon I have. I think this falls under the heading of, 'She looks well to the ways of you household...' Proverbs 31
    Thanks again, Kathi
    southbaystudiokathi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! I Love those!!!!!! I have a crazy obsession with fall decor. My kitchen is fall... all year. :)

    Found you in the Six Sisters' Stuff blog hop!

    Stephanie @ http://airforcefamilyadventures.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this idea! So easy. I went out and bought a few fake leaves today and am going to do the same thing with my flameless candles on the mantle. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how the leaves 'pop' against the white. And yes, a great way to use what you have!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those turned out so pretty! I think I may just have to go and try this right now, I already have all the supplies. I came over from the someday crafts link party, glad I did!

    Brie from darlingdoodles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Kristin
    I found your blog on bluecricket.com link party. I love your candles and fall decor. I am a new follower. Stop by www.homesweetbutterfly.com

    Have a great day.

    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete

WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY!!!

There was an error in this gadget