Monday, September 5, 2011

Autumn Welcome:{ Door Wreath}

What does your front door say?!
The front door of a house, in many cultures, represents the mouth of the home, the entry point where energy, abundance and opportunities may find us. When we decided to paint the exterior of our house a couple of years ago, we fell in love with, and decided on a Napa Valley vineyard color palate of green and deep purple. Not knowing than what having a purple door symbolized, today, we can say we are happy with the news:  purple door symbolizes energy and is thought to invite many opportunities into the home!

I love changing out the door wreath as the season and holidays change. I decided this Fall's door wreath would incorporate the Fall colors I so love: purple's, browns green and would include our monogram.

You will need

Grape vine wreath

Mod Podge. Brush. Wood initial. Glue gun.

Scrap book paper.Scissor. Pencil.

Silk flowers which you have removed from the stem.

To cover the face of your initial, trace it onto your scrap book paper.

Cut out your scrap book initial.

I decided last minuet to spray paint our initial
so that the sides would match the scrap book paper I choose.

Once spray paint is dry, apply Mod Podge to the scrap book paper cut out
and adhere to your initial. Apply a coat of Mod Podge over the initial.

This is how it looks once it dries.

Arrange your flowers as you like

Attach with glue gun.

I found it easier to use some of the grapevine wreath to attach our initial
instead of having to glue it on.

I just love the colors of fall. Deep purples, greens and browns.

Here is our door.
The picture does not portray the correct depth of color the door actually is.
It is much deeper than it reads here.
Decorating for Fall does not have to be costly.
 Look around your yard and see what you can find:
 leaves, pine cones, tree branches, dried flowers.
What will your front door say this Autumn?!

We hope you are inspired to say something with your front door!
Remember, keep it Homespun!

Refrain from anger and turn from wrath;
do not fret- it only leads to evil.
Psalm 37:8

Homespun With Love

Linking to:
PhotobucketSumo's Sweet StuffRunning with Glitterall crafts Homemade Projects ~ Add Yours {9/6}Chic on a Shoestring DecoratingPhotobucketGinger SnapsSouthern LovelySomewhat SimpleCatch a Glimpse ButtonPhotobucketTidyMom I'm Lovin' ItJoin us Saturdays at for
 the weekend wrap up party!UndertheTableandDreamingRunning with GlitterTodays Creative BlogNothing But CountryhomeworkThe Frugal GirlsChic on a Shoestring DecoratingKeeping It SimpleOne Artsy MamaVisit


  1. That wreath is beautiful, and I really love your front door!

  2. so beautiful!!! thanks for sharing:) i love it!!!

  3. I love this and I have everything on hand except the flowers to make I guess I am off to Michael's with coupon in hand. Just came over from Free Pretty Things For You. Thanks for sharing! BTW, I love the color of the door.

  4. Love this, very pretty and inspiring

  5. how fun! love purple. the damask paper you used for your "N" is so pretty.

    thanks for linking up.

  6. love this! looks great on your door

  7. Your purple door is awesome! I love the wreath you created--score on getting such a killer deal! I think you did a really great job! Thanks for linking up @ Show & Share!

  8. Beautiful color. My door is so dull, love yours. Thanks for sharing at Bacon time.

  9. I love the purple door, as it's my favorite color Your wreath matches it perfectly!

  10. Thanks so much for linking both of your beautiful wreaths at One Artsy Mama! I love the effect of a monogram on a wreath, and I especially like how you covered yours with scrapbook paper...very pretty! Thanks again for sharing your ideas. :)



There was an error in this gadget