Friday, October 7, 2011

Witches Fingers:{Food Craft}




Had any good witches fingers lately!? Here is a fun little treat snack that is a little sweet and a little salty. Bet you never knew that is how witches fingers tasted! This one the kids can pretty much take control over and do with you waiting in the wings it is that simple.
 So, lets go make some Witches Fingers.



We got our inspiration from the book we picked up at Target in the $1.00 area
In case you haven't seen it, it is the Disney Family Fun Halloween Treats book.


           It has some really great ideas in it with simple ingredients and easy to follow directions.

 
Our Witches Fingers started off as the Witches Brooms shown above. However, I didn't like the way the fruit roll up fringe was looking. My creative son looked on and said "those look like bloody witches fingers".
Love how children see what we alot of the time miss. And so, Witches Fingers it is!


   We used honey wheat pretzels from Trader Joes' and fruit roll ups{Target brand}. Unroll the roll up about 6 -8 inches long and tear it off. Remove carefully from the paper and start wrapping it around the end of a pretzel so you have some fruit on the pretzel and some hanging off to shape in to a witches fingernail.


With the fruit, start shaping it and elongating it at the same time.
Shape it into a witches finger!
Give it a little point and curve. Done!

Remember to see these through a child's eye!
We hope you are inspired to venture out and create some Halloween fun foods!
Remember, keep it Homespun!

A generous man will himself be blessed,
 for he shares his food with the poor.
Proverbs 22:9

Have you entered our My Memories Giveaway yet?!
Giveaway ends October 7, 2011.

Source
Homespun With Love
Linking to:
Photobucket
TidyMom I'm Lovin' ItfaboolousSomewhat SimplePhotobucket

Link PartyCSS Logo post small{nifty button}Making Monday Marvelous Linky PartyUndertheTableandDreamingall crafts Homemade Projects ~ Add Yours {10/11}Todays Creative BloghomeworkNothing But CountryCatch a Glimpse ButtonThe Frugal GirlsThis Week\

6 comments:

  1. This is cute! I love how kids see things that we miss! I am inspired by my son to create things. I will have to look for that book at Target - it looks awesome! Great way to include kids in creating! I have a party going on over at my blog that is dedicated to using your craft stash items. The link is open for most of October and I would love to have you join! Here is the link if you are interested: http://mylilpumpkinpatch.blogspot.com/2011/10/document.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun idea! I will have to make them for my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. VERY Cool & VERY Spooky! My kids would just get a kick outta this one! If you have a chance, I would love it if you shared this and anything else you may have at Makin' You Crave Monday over at MrsHappyHomemaker.com!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So clever! My kids are gonna LOVE this! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea! Perfect for halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very fun!! Great for a "spooky" snack! I just showed my kids and they said "YUM!" "Awesome!" "Can we make those?" Thanks for sharing this at my What's In The Gunny Sack? link party!

    ReplyDelete

WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY!!!

Share It