Friday, December 23, 2011

Peppermint & Snowflakes Party Pt.1





December Birthday Celebration!  The best Christmas gift I was ever given was my daughter who was born on Christmas Eve. Everybody should have a birthday party, especially those born on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day!  Now that she is an adult, there is no reason NOT to continue on with this tradition.This year I put together a small little gathering of family and a sweets table to celebrate the occasion.






I choose the theme, "Peppermint & Snowflakes", after I saw Kim, of The Celebration Shoppe, had designed some beautiful and sophisticated FREE Mod Candy Cane printables! It was love at first sight! 


For the food cards I went with Cathe Holdens free vintage framed prints that we also used on our Peppermint Sugar Scrub. I just love these. They are so beautiful and work so well with the overall look.


Using  the Mod Candy Cane printables, I cut two slits in the circle and used it to decorate the dessert spoons with.


Using many of the items I already had, I lined vintage parfait or sundae glasses on a snowflake tray.



Using real candy canes as decor and another sweet treat serves double duty.



My bottles have served and continue to serve me well through many parties. Using scrap book paper and Mod Candy Cane printables, I made some  bottle wraps for the bottles.



I love the "sweet" sentiment that wraps around the bottle.


I found hard plastic candy cane straws that can be used again and again at the Dollar Tree. Using the Mod Candy Cane circle printables, I embelliished the straws the same way as the spoons.


For some of the table decor pieces I used plastic candy canes that I have had for years. Tucked them into a tall white vase stuffed with candy cane stripe tissue paper and pretty aqua snowflake.


Since my daughter was born on Christmas Eve, her middle name is "Noel'. This Free printable from The Diary of Dave's Wife worked perfectly in a frame I already had.


I also wanted to add this beautiful free print from Mine For The Making. Kara designed several different styles to choose from.


This shabby chic snowman is the pedestal part of my cake/cupcake stand. He is a welcome friend at Christmas time around here!


Using a old milk bottle  as a vase, I wrapped scrap book paper around it and them layered on some red, aqua and white snowflakes. If you are a snowflake lover, Dollar Tree has quite a good selection this year.


In the wrapped milk bottle I placed tall plastic candy canes, the ones that are used to stick in your lawn or garden for decoration.


The snowflake picks are from Dollar Tree and I simply added another smaller snowflake on top that I found at Walmart as part of their $.97 table scatters decor.


The mini table top Christmas tree holds many favorite ornaments. From cupcakes to snowflakes it is a happy site.






Target had these red and white snowflake paper plates and napkins on sale.


Once again the Dollar Tree elves led me to the shelf holding these candy cane stripped plastic cups! Love these. They are perfect for the kids to have a special "kid" beverage from.


For a really simple and inexpensive table covering I used a white sheet and made a table runner from candy cane stripped wrapping paper found at Target. We hope you have liked our Peppermint & Snowflake party so far, and will check back in later for Part 2 when we will show you all the sweets! Be inspired!

"No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other,
or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve
both God and Money."
Matthew 6:24


Source/ Homespun With Love
Linking to:

Home SavvyKeeping It Simplehomeworkall crafts Homemade Projects ~ Add Yours! {12/27}UNCOMMONThe Southern Product QueenVintageGwenPhotobucket

4 comments:

  1. Cute Party! Love all the red and white ♥ It is nice to remember those who were born in December!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your party is so darling! I love the candycane/snowflake theme!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really FESTIVE, great details, super bargain hunting! Everything came together so nicely. Love a theme party :)

    ReplyDelete

WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY!!!

There was an error in this gadget