Friday, January 27, 2012

"Can of Hearts" Valentine's Centerpiece




We needed a fresh new idea for a Valentine's table centerpiece this year. So after a little thought, this is what we came up with. Something like a topiary, but not. Something like a lollipop, but not quite. We call it simply, "Can of Hearts". Not at all hard to make and most of the craft supplies are probably in your craft stash.




 Save a few soup or bean cans for a variety of crafting purposes. We used: bean cans. Valentine scrap book paper. Glue gun. {items not show: lollipop sticks. red heart doilies. heart trim and embellishments. gift bag stuffing}.

Begin by cutting to size the scrap book paper to your cans. Once cut, glue the paper to the outside of the cans.

 Once your paper is glued on begin decorating your cans with your Valentine embellishments.

 We made red paper rosettes that we attached our heart doilie to. We glued on the lollipop stick on the back and glued a piece of Styrofoam in the can and than stuck our stick into it.

 We filled the can first with a paper towel torn in two, and than added our red gift bag stuffing. For a finishing touch, we tied a piece of vintage lace at the top of the lollipop stick.

 We found some pretty red heart table scatter in the dollar section of Target. 150 pieces in all. Just think of what you can do with all of that! Keep these in a group of three or.....

                                               Break them up as you please.




As kids we were always using some type of can mom saved for some kind of craft. We would make pencil cans, crayon cans and vase cans. Some things you just never out grow. Thanks mom! Be inspired, get creative!

                                   Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor,
                                   serving the Lord.
                                   Romans 12:11
Linking to:
michellepaige.blogspot.comTidyMom I'm Lovin' Ithttp://whipperberry.com/PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket{nifty button}Link PartyDesign DazzleCSS Logo post smallhttp://www.thegrantlife.com/search/label/financial%20fridayUndertheTableandDreamingThe Girl CreativeSumo's Sweet StuffclairejustineoxoxLadybug Blessingsmop it up mondaysall crafts Homemade Projects ~ Add Yours! {1/31}homeworkCraft & TellSouthern Lovely{Junk in their Trunk}http://lilluna.com/Somewhat SimpleCatch a Glimpse ButtonTwo Yellow Birds DecorThe Frugal GirlsFor the Kids FridayGinger Snap CraftsThematic ThursdayCraft & TellOopsey DaisyCherished BlissThe Mommy Club

37 comments:

  1. Such a sweet centerpiece! I love how you used the doilies--really cute! Thanks so much for linking up to my Valentine Link Party! I always love your creative ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are so cute. i may use this idea for our banquet at church. i found my way over from six sisters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So festive! I love it! Saw you over at Wayward Weekend and I'm following you now. Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute and so festive! We love using cans for all sorts of projects as well as organization too :) I'd love for you to share with my readers if you have a chance. Have a great weekend! http://www.momontimeout.com/2012/01/taking-timeout-thursday-no-14.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are amazingly cute... love it.. would really love it if you could share this with us here http://www.mamamiasheart2heart.com/2012/01/sharing-saturday-4.html


    Thanks so much,
    MiaB

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that you recycled cans for this craft!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very sweet and cheerful!

    Share it on my website www.ohmy-creative.com

    Susan,
    http://www.ohmy-creative.com/
    A community to Create - Share - Inspire

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful!! Thank you so much for sharing it on Sharing Saturday! We hope you will join us again next week. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH my gosh. This is so funny. I just did a soup can tutorial similar to yours! Wow. I love how you did yours in three...Love the topiary look. You did a wonderful job. Very festive! Come take a look when you get the chance.
    Blessings,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Kristen for sharing your project. I made you my "Featured Member" on the home page! Thanks for joining my new website!

    Susan,
    http://www.ohmy-creative.com/
    A community to Create - Share - Inspire

    ReplyDelete
  11. so cute thanks for such a great idea! It going on our valentines craft list!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stopping by from Lolly Jane's linky party. I LOVE this idea and can't wait to try it! Great blog site! I'm a new follower!

    Michelle@Teagan's Travels

    http://teaganstravels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your hearts are darling! And I love the little cupid at the top of your blog! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a cute idea! I would love for you to share it at my Valentines Party @ www.cheapcraftymama.com!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These look great,would love you to add them to my creative Mondays hop :0)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your link up !

    http://sailingwithbarefeet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love them!! I love when people use old soup cans to create something new! Thanks for linking up to t2t Tuesday at Sassy Sites!

    marni

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute and looks easy!! We're so glad you linked up to our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday". We loved having you!! Please come back next Saturday and share more of your great ideas! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  19. The centerpieces are wonderful!!!

    Check out my blog too :)
    thediydreamer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are so cute and I love how easy they seem to make.
    I am hosting a Valentine's project link party until 2/14. I would love it if you came and linked these up! http://justusfourashe.blogspot.com/2012/01/xoxo-oh-and-linky-too.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is so cute! Such a fun project :)

    vLove for you to share this at my JAQS Studio Linky Party:
    http://www.jaqsstudio.com/2012/01/made-by-me-16-linky-party-and-features.html

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is so sweet! I love it! Thanks bunches for linking up to Mop it Up Mondays at ishouldbemoppingthefloor.com! Have a fabulous week!
    {HUGS},
    kristi

    ReplyDelete
  23. so simple and pretty. Love this decorating idea:> I am having a Valentine's Day Linky Carnival and would love for you to link this up.

    http://blissfulanddomestic.blogspot.com/2012/02/valentines-day-countdown-linky-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  24. Way cute! Great way to reuse those cans.

    http://fitcraftystylishandhappy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Those are adorable!!! I love them! I am a new follower.
    I currently have a link party going and would love for you to share this and anything else you would like!

    http://twoyellowbirdsdecor.blogspot.com/2012/02/thursdays-temptation-link-party-3-some.html
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  26. Im glad you linked up to my party last Friday.. I hope to see ya again this Friday :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm always saving the cans too, and i hope my kids will follow your lead! Love this project, it's just the cutest! Thanks so much for sharing on Craft Schooling sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I found you on Tip Junkie. Would you please share this with my readers for
    our Fun Stuff Fridays Valentine's Linky Party? I think it would be a great fit. http://www.toysinthedryer.com/2012/02/14-days-of-valentines-fun-stuff-fridays.html

    ReplyDelete
  29. Awesome centerpieces. Super cute! Good luck from Bacon Time.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love how you repurposed the cans into such a cute centerpiece. Had to pin it and share it on my CraftBliss Facebook page and link back to you. ~Dee

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love these! Great idea for all holidays and celebrations! I host a weekly meme called Thematic Thursday. Each week has a theme and this would be perfect for this week's Valentine's theme.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi, there! I featured your post here. Please feel free to grab the feature button and thanks for joining us at CBPH :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. These are awesome! Just pinned them :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love this ideas. I love the layers and the details. It's super cute for a center pc.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love this! So adorable! Visiting from Cherished Bliss

    ReplyDelete

WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY!!!

There was an error in this gadget