Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Recipe Wednesday:{Chocolate Nutella Valentine Hearts}

 Our Love Affair With Chocolate. Are you having a love affair with chocolate this time of year?! We are! There is no denying that once you lay eyes on a piece of chocolate it is love at first sight. Than the smell entices you to draw ever nearer like a spellbinding perfume, and as if you have lost all control, you pop that chocolate delicacy into your mouth and feel like you are in heaven. Than of course there is Nutella! A sweet all unto itself.Today we want to share with you our homemade Chocolate Nutella filled hearts perfect for a sweethearts Valentine dessert!




Since we are having a love affair with chocolate, it is only fair and right that it be of good quality and good for us right?! So if you are like us in this chocolate web affair, lets choose the dark good for us stuff!



Chocolate Nutella Valentine Hearts
1 12oz. package of good quality dark chocolate
1/2 cup Nutella
Heart ice cube mold {we found ours at Target in a package of two}

Empty bag of chips into a micro wave safe bowl and melt as directed.
Place 1 teaspoon {or more} of the melted chocolate in to each of the hearts and using a clean paint brush cover the entire inside and up the sides with a good coating of chocolate.

Once the mold is filled place in the freezer for about 10 minutes.
After chocolate has set, place 1/2 t. of Nutella {more or less to your liking}, into the chocolate shell.
Place 1 teaspoon {or more}of the remaining chocolate over the Nutella and cover the surface completely. Place in freezer 15-20 minutes to set up.

To remove, firmly, but gently press out the chocolate hearts onto a tray or plate.
Store in air tight container in refrigerator. Makes approximately a 22 hearts or 1 1/2 trays.


 The dark chocolate is so smooth and dreamy mixed in with the hints of Nutella. These would be extra special served with a cup of Espresso coffee.

 Maybe you would prefer these better with an cold glass of your favorite champagne.

 There is not a bad way to serve these as long as you are in the presence of the one/ones you love.

 No one needs to know that you set one aside to enjoy in the still quiet moments.

They are really special right out of the fridge and into your mouth! Ice cold, smooth and when the chocolate starts to melt......HEAVEN!



We don't think there is anyone who wouldn't love to receive a thoughtful homemade gift of chocolates on Valentines Day! Be inspired, get creative!

For by the grace given me I say to everyone of you;
Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought,
but rather think of yourself with sober judgement, 
in accordance with the measure of faith God has given you.
Romans 12:3

Linking To:
Southern Lovely52 Mantelsmichellepaige.blogspot.comChatty ChicsValentines Party Invited ButtonPhotobucketCatch a Glimpse ButtonThe Frugal GirlsTidyMom I'm Lovin' ItPhotobucketPhotobucket{nifty button}Link PartyUndertheTableandDreamingSouthern LovelyThe Girl CreativeSumo's Sweet StuffPhotobucketclairejustineoxoxLadybug Blessingsall crafts Homemade Projects ~ Add Yours! {1/31}homeworkPhotobucketPicture3UndertheTableandDreamingmichellepaige.blogspot.comPhotobucketOopsey DaisyCherished Bliss

35 comments:

  1. oh yum, I would so be making this with milk chocolate, if I am going to have chocolate it better not be good for me LOL. I bet it tastes really good with the dark though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look AMAZING!!

    If you're interested, we're hosting our first ever link up party. Please stop by and link up! http://www.waywardgirlscrafts.com/2012/01/wayward-weekend-week-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM, I love nutella! I would love for you to share these at my Valentines Party @ www.cheapcratymama.com!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One more fabulous use for nutella! I swear there is NOTHING you can't add it to. And these look good enough to eat right through the screen! YUMMY!

    Thanks for hooking this up on make it yourself mondays at creating home! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can never have enough heart shaped things this time of year. These look great.

    http://blog.beccacooks.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, wow! These look incredible! Thanks so much for continuing to link up to my Valentine Link Party!

    ReplyDelete
  7. well, yesterday I made nutella brownies for the first time...my next venture will be these hearts...they are even easier!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, that looks heavenly!! You always do the most amazing things! And, I just so happen to have those silicone molds. Hmmm...maybe I'll attempt this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH MY . . . I can almost feel the pounds being absorbed onto my hips from just the pictures! Thanks for sharing this with us!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You had me at Nutella, love love love Nutella! I can't wait to try those. They look yummy! I found you via Finger Prints on the Fridge link party.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look amazing. Thank you for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another Nutella Addict Here, oh well I will start my 12 steps again after trying these. Pinning it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pinned this! http://pinterest.com/gishgish/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Chocolate + Nutella + Easy = I need to make these soon! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you so much for sharing this, they look delicious, I can't wait to make them :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yum! I am so mad at myself for not getting one of those ice cube trays that last time I was at Target! I have seen so many great ideas using them lately! Saw this over on Be Different Act Normal:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks delicious! Definitely making these for v-day. Does this recipe make just the one tray of hearts (appx 14)? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  18. How pretty! And who doesn't love Nutella, I ask you?? :)

    Thanks for sharing at CraftOManiac so I could find it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. These look so pretty and sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You had me at Chocolate but then definitely kept me reading with Nutella. Love hte combination!
    I am hosting a Valentine's project link party until 2/14. I would love it if you came and linked these up!

    ReplyDelete
  21. They look heavenly! I was just enjoying some Nutella yesterday as a matter of fact! Pinned and appreciated! Thanks so much for sharing at Taking A Timeout Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I just saw these trays at target today! I had them in my hand, and didn't think of something to do with them right away, so I put them back!! Oh no!! I could be eating these right now! I'll have to go back tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sounds divine. :) Wanna send some my way? :)
    Melody
    ChattyChics.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Mmmmmm! Love a good combo of 2 delicious flavors :) And they're so pretty!
    Featuring them tomorrow!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yummy I would LOVE for you to stop over and link up in HAPPY FRIDAY- the theme is Valentine. Everyone who links up today will get a Pin from me on Pinterest! Hope you join in the tasty fun!

    Susie- http://cafescrapper-scrapsoflife.blogspot.com/2012/02/happy-friday-valentine-link-up.html

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks for linking up your sweet treat at Bacon Time, good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I wanted to let you know that I featured these today! My daughter is going to flip when I show her this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh, yum!! Nutella is so good, and in a candy? Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks for sharing this at my Valentines Party! I'm featuring it tomorrow in my "Top 10 Valentines Treats" post! Feel free to stop by and grab a "featured" button!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your hearts turned out beautifully! I spotlighted your post on my Facebook page today!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  31. Found you via CheapCraftyMama and I love this idea.
    Can I ask... are the ice cube trays rigid or silicone & bendy? If they are rigid (like I would expect an ice cube tray would be) then I think they would break on the way out? Just wondering.

    Pinned it!
    www.Pinterest.com/ReneesSoirees

    ReplyDelete

WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY!!!

Share It