Monday, January 16, 2012

Valentine's Day Dessert Table

A Step Back In Time. Before we get on with Valentine's Day 2012, we wanted to take a small step back in time and take a peak at last Valentine's Day Tea Party dessert table, and share with you some of our ideas. We put together a vintage dessert table for our Valentine's Tea Party on a budget using semi-homemade desserts and homemade decorations. A step back in time is always nice when it is filled with sweet memories.

Our Valentine's theme was "Key To My Heart" in a vintage style. We used a thrift store bed sheet and ribbons to make our back drop. We cut out hearts, keys and vintage Valentine cards to hang on the bunting to add that vintage feel. We found these really pretty shabby chic clothes pins at the craft store that we used to hang our Valentine cards on. The patterned scrap book paper we used was from DCWV Lace and Linen collection. That collection of paper is so pretty and romantic.

This is our dessert table set up with empty vessels. We used vintage pale pink glass cake plates, milk glass, wedding china and homemade picture frame trays for serving pieces. We covered books in vintage looking scrap book paper{DCWV},  to use as risers for the dessert stands. To cover our table we used a thrift store find vintage looking bed spread.

                                       The dessert table with our desserts placed.

Our cake bunting really added a special touch to our angel food cake. Simple to make out of paper and hung with ribbon and two skewers. We found the cake bunting at TomKat Studio for free.

We used a store bought angel food cake and frosted it with raspberry flavored whipping topping and added pale pink candy pearls.

We made individual lemon pound cakes in our fancy mold, and drizzled them with lemon glaze. Store bought cranberry orange scones went well with our dessert selection and didn't cost but a few dollars. Simple heart shape cut outs from pattern scrap book paper made great dessert toppers.

Mini vanilla cupcakes from a box mix and homemade vanilla butter cream frosting with sparkle sugar add a sweet vintage touch.

We found some pink heart shaped cupcakes at the grocery store. They were already dressed for the party so no extra fussing with them!

Homemade heart shaped sugar cookies with pretty satin ribbon were loved by all our guests.

                We found these mint pastel candies at Target to add to our desserts.

Love these mini Valentine candy bar wrappers from Creature Comforts.We placed them on a picture frame we spray painted white to use as a tray.

We wrapped Valentine sweet tart candy rolls up in white tissue paper and twisted and tied off the ends. These candy rolls are bigger than the normal ones, made special for Valentine's Day.

We took heart shaped Reece's candy and stuck a skewer in them to make a lollipop.

For beverages we served Potions: Romeos Potion {Ginger Ale}, Cupid's Love Potion {Pink Lemonade} and  Love Potion No. 9 {Cranberry Juice}. We served them from recycled bottles and made vintage looking labels for the bottles. The labels are from World Label Blog.

For party favors we made Valentine poppers. Using t.p. rolls we wrapped them in different papers and filled them with candy. Thank you tags were made easily from scrapbook paper that we stamped "thank you" on. Since our theme was "Key To My Heart", we embellished the favors with a paper key and heart.

We hope something you have seen has inspired you in some small way this Valentines season to get creative. We would love to see what your ideas are! Be inspired, get creative!

I call to the Lord, who is worthy of praise,
and I am saved from my enemies.
Psalm 18:3

Linking To:

Six Sister's Stuff

a to zebraall crafts Homemade Projects ~ Add Yours! {1/17}homeworkSouthern LovelyCatch a Glimpse Button52 Mantels

The Frugal Girlsmichellepaige.blogspot.comhomeworkChic on a Shoestring DecoratingOne Artsy MamaPhotobucketTidyMom I'm Lovin' ItButtonLink PartyCountry Momma Cooks{nifty button}Craft & TellValentines Party Invited ButtonPhotobucketSimply DesigningUndertheTableandDreamingUndertheTableandDreamingOopsey Daisy


  1. I absolutely LOVE this post.. it all looks so beautiful and SO my taste... Thank you ever so much for sharing.. Think I will use some of these ideas this year :) Thanks again :)

  2. Just beautiful! Every detail was so romantic and pretty, fit for a princess! I loved it! I am so inspired to have a tea party for my Lil grand daughters who are 5, they would be so pleased.
    Thank you, Debbie

  3. It is all so enchanting. Great work. I am hosting a Valentine contest. I would love for you to link up this post for a chance to win.

  4. Everything is so pretty! I would love if you would stop by and share at my Sweet Party :)

  5. Such a beautiful table! All those goodies look so yummy. I'd love for you to join my linky, Crazy Sweet Tuesday, which runs through Fridays. Have a wonderful day!

  6. I LOVE PARTIES!! Thanks for showing us all the details! I also love details! :)

    I've pinned your CUTE garland! And, can I just say that semi-homemade desserts are my favorite type?! :)

    Thanks for sharing at my party!

  7. What a beautiful, beautiful party! I love so many of your details...the banner, the candy pops, the ribbon in the cookies etc. etc. Would you be willing to link up to my Valentine Link Party going on now? I'd love to have you! Thanks, Michelle

  8. Thank you so much for linking up at my Valentine Link Party! I'm excited to have you!

  9. I love this post! I found you on Tip Junkie! I would like to invite you to share this post with our readers for Fun Stuff Fridays.

  10. Thanks for linking up at Bacon Time. Good luck!

  11. How beautiful! It all comes together so nicely. I love the party favors!

  12. Beautiful. Love all the pretty details. Stop by and link up if you have time!

  13. Really gorgeous. I'm planning a Valentine's party, so this is great inspiration.

  14. Wow....I'd love for you to link up @CountryMommaCooks Party going on now-Sunday......
    Have a wonderful day!

  15. Great job! I hope you will link up to my I Heart Projects Party!

  16. Very nice. I want to make some of the sugar cookies!

  17. The party must have been a blast! Everything looks beautiful! thanks so much for linking up at Friday Frolic!!

  18. SO many gorgeous ideas! I think my faves are the sheet music cupcake toppers and the sugar cookies. Great party! Thanks so much for sharing at Shine on Fridays!

  19. Thanks so much for linking up this weekend @ CountryMommaCooks Link & Greet party..Have a wonderful week!

  20. Oh, you are amazing! This is simply gorgeous! I host a Monday link party and would love for you to come and link up your crafts with me. Each week, the top three links get featured! The linky stays open until Friday. Thanks so much! I hope to see you there!

  21. This is absolutely Adorable!! Hoping you can link it up at my turquoise lovin' party!!

  22. Love the vintage look and all the soft colors!

  23. What a gorgeous table setting, so romantic and 'lovey' looking...I wish I was invited to the party!!! :)

  24. Wow! So beautiful and romantic! I love all the soft colors. Thanks so much for sharing at Taking A Timeout Thursday!
    p.s. I would so accept an invite to a party like this!

  25. What a beautiful spread! I wish I could jump into your lovely photos! xo

  26. Hello, hello! Hopping on over from Under the Table & Dreaming and love this little Vday Party and am your NEWEST follower!!! :) What beautiful ideas - I love February! I'm also hosting a Vintage Inspired Valentine's Day giveaway and invite you to enter if you are interested! :)


  27. So much inspiration here thank you. Everything is gorgeous!

  28. WOW! Love all those details! I love the "key to my heart" theme! Thanks for sharing at oopsey daisy!

  29. Very nice!
    Sounds delicious!!! Can't wait to try it!!
    Thanks a lot for sharing.



There was an error in this gadget