Thursday, February 2, 2012

Chocolate Lovers Bath Salt

Have you ever wished you could bathe in chocolate because you love it so much?! Well chocolate lovers, with a few simple pantry items you can! This sweet soak is said to relieve scaly dry Winter skin due to the Epsom salt gently exfoliating the dead skin cells, and the flavanols in the chocolate are said to promote new cell growth for a radiant glow, just in time for Valentine's Day!

                         Chocolate Bath Salt Recipe

4 cups Epsom Salts. 2 heaping tablespoons of natural, unsweetened cocoa powder.
Mix salt and cocoa power in a large jar or bowl. Seal until ready to use. Keeps a long time in a sealed vessel.Put the Chocolate Bath Salt into pretty bottles and refill as needed. {we used heart shaped bottles we found at the craft store for $1.00 a piece. {Adapted recipe from First For Women Magazine December 12, 2011 issue}

  Mix the Epsom salt and cocoa powder together as per the recipe. This is what it looks like. We did not use a dark cocoa powder, so our mixture looks more like a milk chocolate.

                                                     It smells really good.

To transfer the bath salt into the heart bottles we used wax paper so that the bath salt would slide easily off and into our bottles.

           Fill the bottles to the top leaving some space for the cork stopper.

Since these are intended as Valentine gifts, we had to add a special tag. We found these labels from  World Label and filled them in with our details. We used a 3" circle punch to make the label round.

After making up our labels we attached a pretty organza ribbon to them and tied them on the bottles. Since we wanted a clean slim line look to the bottle, without ribbon sticking up here and their, we taped down the ribbon tails to the back on the bottle with double sided tape. All set to give and enjoy!

We were thinking this could easily be turned into a "Chocolate Milk" bath salt with the addition of powdered milk.

Maybe you are trying to avoid indulging in chocolate this Valentine's Day. Now you can have your chocolate fix in a bath and not feel the least bit guilty! Be inspired, get creative!

         Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room
        for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge;
        I will repay", says the Lord.
        Romans 12: 19

Linking To:
michellepaige.blogspot.comSomewhat SimpleCatch a Glimpse Button52 MantelsTwo Yellow Birds DecorIShareCraftsThe Frugal Girls

Design DazzleGinger Snap CraftsTidyMomPhotobucketPhotobucketLink PartyUndertheTableandDreamingThe Girl Creativehomeworkall crafts Homemade Projects ~ Add Yours! {2/7}PhotobucketUNCOMMONSouthern Lovely


  1. What a fun Valentine gift idea! I would LOVE to bathe in chocolate! Thanks so much for linking up to my Valentine Link Party!

  2. What a fun gift!! That sounds amazing to bathe in:) Thanks for linking up at Thursday's Temptation.

  3. Oh how sweet. Can I eat chocolate while I am in the bath too? Good luck from Bacon Time.

  4. this sounds like so much fun!!!! the perfect bath! thanks for sharing : ) hugs...

  5. Chocolate & bath time = a heavenly experience!!! Thanks so much for sharing your cleverness with us at Sharing Saturday :)


  6. that sounds so wonderful! I would love you to add this and any other posts you want to show off to my What We Wore and Made party over at

  7. This is such a great idea. Thanks so much for joining us on "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." We loved having you and hope to see you back next Saturday with more great recipes! -The Sisters

  8. Hi! I pinned this on Pinterest and will be featured tomorrow at my blog. Thanks for joining me this week at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop :) Btw, happily following you via Linky, too.

  9. Hello

    I just wanted to let you know that I shared your fantastic idea on my blog Please let me know if there is anything that you would like for me to remove.

    Cheers, Jennifer

  10. This is, perhaps, my most slow-pokey week yet. My apologies for taking so long to get over here from “A Little Birdie Told Me..” to enjoy your post. It’s important to me to visit and really give my full attention to all the links, but as the party grows it’s taking more and more time. Thank you so much for bearing with me, and for continuing to share your talent at Rook No. 17!

  11. Absolutely love this! You really do have the most clever, creative ideas. I love how simply you write out the instructions with the pics as well. For a babe on a budget, these DIY ideas are fantastic. :) My new favorite a mile!!!

  12. oh my! I want to try this. How long will it last?

  13. I gave some of these to my daughter as she is a chocolate lover - the only drawback, she says, is that the tub water turns brown - and made the bath unappetizing. Just thought I'd share her views. :)

  14. Can i feauture you on my website?

  15. What type of cocoa powder did u use with the salts. I want to do this!

  16. We use Organic raw cocoa powder like this one here.



There was an error in this gadget