Monday, March 19, 2012

Dollar Store: Toddler Color Matching Activity


I was at the dollar store looking for fun ideas for teaching my son various lessons about colors, matching, sorting, etc. I found a deviled egg tray and thought this would be perfect for little hands. Pair a deviled egg tray with a bag of chenille pom poms and you have a fun and inexpensive learning activity. My son loves it, it is just the right size to put on his lap.


(And, yes, we know it's March and Christmas has passed, but, if the PJ's fit, we're going to wear them!) :)

Linking to:

Skip To My LouUndertheTableandDreamingKeeping It SimpleThe Girl CreativeCraft & Tellall crafts Homemade Projects ~ Add Yours! {3/20}Todays Creative BloghomeworkTeagan's Travels Button, 2012 FebruaryOopsey DaisyLIL ' LUNAUNCOMMONSouthern Lovely{Junk in their Trunk}Organize and Decorate EverythingPhotobucket52 MantelsSomewhat SimpleCatch a Glimpse Button4 Real FridayThe Frugal GirlsOne Artsy MamaFor the Kids Friday504 MainPhotobucketPhotobucketSimply DesigningDesign DazzleThe SUnday ShowcasePhotobucketPhotobucketI Heart Nap TimeCraft Schooling Sun.HorizUndertheTableandDreaming

17 comments:

  1. A very good and economic thought!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is darling! If you get a chance, I'd love to have you share it at my linky party at http://scrapbookingez.blogspot.com/2012/03/anything-goes-linky-party_15.html. Thanks again for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea about using the tray (and about using what fits and is in the closet regardless of proximate holiday!) I'm pinning this to my toddler activities board.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great idea, love it! I wear xmas pjs any time of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great activity! I love the deviled egg tray. Thanks for sharing at oopsey daisy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My son is still wearing those exact same Christmas pajamas too. Great idea for color sorting when my youngest gets a bit older. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. to add another element give your child tweezers to pick the pom poms up with. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a great idea! I'm going to the dollar store today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute and inexpensive for sure! When I taught Kindergarten I could often tell who had experience sorting...great lesson!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a great idea! I'm definitely doing this with my little one! And yes, my daughter is still wearing Christmas pjs too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great simple idea! I'm definitely with you on wearing clothes when they fit. Especially PJs.:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great idea! Don't feel alone in the PJ department. I think the only ones my children own are Christmas ones!

    Take care,

    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  13. I purhased a bag or rainbow colored buttons at at a craft store. Not only are they various colors, but various shapes. I bought a bead storage case and the kids take turns sorting by size, shape, color, etc. 1-5 year olds at my daycare all love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fabulous idea! I bet Bryce would enjoy doing this. I'm going to try after he gets up from his nap :) Thanks so much for sharing at Mom On Timeout!

    ReplyDelete
  15. great idea! thanks so much for sharing on Craft schooling Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a fun idea! Love the dollar store! Thanks for linking up to our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." We love having you and hope you'll be back next week! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete

WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY!!!

Share It