Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Pillow Case "Welcome" Spring Wreath

"Welcome Spring!"

Time again for another new "Welcome" wreath! This time we are featuring our recycled, thrift store, pillow case Spring wreath for you! We love that we found pillow cases in our Easter theme colors and that the polka dot print is fun! It didn't take us long to complete this cheery little Spring wreath, and we love the way it turned out too!



If this is your first time visiting us, "Welcome, we are happy you stopped by"! For those of you who have been with us for awhile, thank you for hanging around, and you already know that we love crafting and decorating our home, being as frugal as possible. Hence, the thrift store pillow case wreath!


Our goal: Wanting to make a new Spring time wreath, inexpensively and easily. 
What we needed: material, wreath form and embellishments.
What we bought: Two thrift store pillow cases for $2.00.
What we had: Grape vine wreath and butterfly.



What we did: We cut open at the seams the pillow cases {shown above}. We than proceeded to make little cuts the same width on the pillow case and than rip them apart. 


What we don't like: The strings from the material. It can make it look messy and at the same time homemade. So, we cut some off and left some on.


After we had a good amount of strips torn, we cut those in half, and began tieing them onto the wreath all the way around.



The pillow cases had a purple polka dot edge on it that we saved and made little purple rosettes out of to embellish our wreath.


This pretty butterfly from the dollar tree was a great addition to making our Spring wreath more Spring like.



Using some left over material scraps, we went back over the wreath and filled in a few spots.


             Gave the wreath a little string clipping and a little fluffing, and called it a day!



                  We placed our wreath in the special "Welcome" wreath spot on the door.


    We love how the colors of the wreath tie in with the rest of our Easter decor colors. 



Hopefully we have inspired you to turn an old pillow case into a pretty Spring wreath to decorate your Spring home! Be inspired, get creative!

A false witness will not go unpunished,
And he who speaks lies will not escape. 
Proverbs 19:5
Linking to:
all crafts Homemade Projects ~ Add Yours! {3/27}
a to zebrahomeworkPhotobucketmichellepaigeTodays Creative BlogPhotobucketUNCOMMONwednesday's wowzersLil\'LunaPhotobucketSouthern LovelyOrganize and Decorate Everythingthe artsygirl connection52 MantelsPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketCatch a Glimpse ButtonSomewhat SimplePhotobucketVisit thecsiproject.comThe Frugal GirlsModern Modest Beauty504 MainOne Artsy MamaChic on a Shoestring Decorating4 Real FridaySimply Sweet Home Friday FavoriteDesign DazzleSimply DesigningTidyMom I'm Lovin' ItPhotobucketLink Up, Party People!!{nifty button}PhotobucketI Heart Nap TimeThe Girl CreativeKeeping It SimpleUndertheTableandDreamingSkip To My LouimageUnveil Your Genius Link PartyPhotobucketUndertheTableandDreamingmop it up mondaysPhotobucket

48 comments:

  1. It's lovely! I can't believe you actually made it from a pillowcase. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore the colors in the wreath. I never would have thought to use a pillowcase. It looks amazing! I'd love it if you shared this tonight at Whimsy Wednesdays at www.thenymelrosefamily.blogspot.com/2012/03/whimsy-wednesdays-4.html.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! The rosettes and butterfly give it the final touch! and from a pillowcase?! that's the best! your newest follower.

    http://www.remodelandolacasa.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful! Thanks for linking up to my Springtime Link Party! Your wreath came at the perfect time and I'm featuring it today! http://michellepaige.blogspot.com/2012/03/easter-wreaths.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very sweet. Love thrifty things. I'll be Pining this one with other tutorials I think are especially well-written. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love this -- the colors and pattern are adorable and the addition of the butterfly and rosettes is perfect. Don't you just love completing something beautiful for so little money?

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun and easy and peasy and beautiful! I just love it all so I pinned it too ...

    Thanks for linking it up!

    :)

    Linda
    www.itallstartedwithpaint.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an awesome idea! A wreath from a pillow case! I need to make this...thanks so much for the inspiration!

    Thanks for linking up to the party :)


    blessings,
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooo I love the colors you used, and I love those butterflies. Darling as always! Thanks for sharing at oopsey daisy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my, take a bow!

    You've put a "spring" in my step with your creative loveliness.

    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. very pretty wreath. and also love what you've done to the top of your door with the "Welcome" sign. This is great.

    ReplyDelete
  12. SO so cute! I love this idea, and I love that you used something we all have...pillowcases...to make this. I'm going to search through my linen closet for "spring" colors right now! Thanks so much for sharing. :)

    www.freestylinbeth.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sweet Up Cycle Project! very nice.
    JoAnn
    sweetpepperrose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a great idea!! I'm featuring you on Friday :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so cute! I want to invite you to share this with my readers at my Sharing Time Linky here: http://www.raisingmemories.com/search/label/sharing%20time
    Hope to see you there!
    ~Heather

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so pretty! I'm all about the thrift stores and finding anything I can there. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is great! I love using fabric scraps to make wreathes and banners. Great color combo you used too. Thanks for linking up at my Hippity Hop Easter Project Hop!

    www.itsybitsypaperblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm so glad you shared this at Whimsy Wednesdays! I love the colors. Stop back tonight to join in the bloglovin blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great creation, beautifully springy. Thanks so much for linking up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is my irst time here and I am so impressed! What a fantastic and simple idea! Thanks for sharing it with us. I too am looking in my linen cost for spring like pillow cases! I will be following our blog from now on!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great repurposing! Your wreath turned out so cute! Thanks for sharing, I found you through Itsy Bitsy Paper's link party.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love this idea...I have some old pillow cases that would be perfect for this wreath project! I would love if you would add this to the Lovely Things Thursday linky party!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a wonderful project! I love the colors so much. Megan

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is adorable and cost effective.

    I came over from Answer is Chocolate to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  25. love the colors how spring like come see what I shared at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a fabulous idea!! Will never look at a pillow case the same way again!

    Love your saying over your door too!

    So glad you joined our Cinch party.

    New Linky follower
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is so so cute. What a great way to use up extra fabric too. Thanks for sharing at this week's BFF Open House!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I like how it's taking something you might have thrown away and it's repurposing it! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is the best pillowcase upcycle I've seen! Take that, pillowcase skirt! I've seen lots of burlap wreaths like this but the pattern on the pillowcase gives it so much more character. Lovely :)

    Claire @ alittlesomethinginthemeantime.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Saw this over at I heart naptime linky party. Love this idea!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Beautiful wreath. I have a wreath with some of those purple butterflies too :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. This turned out so sweet! The polkadots and purple rosettes are just precious!! Looks great! thank you for sharing each week at our "uncommonly yours" link party! :)

    Bonnie @ uncommon'

    www.uncommondesignsonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. I think those sheets or pillowcases you chose to use on the wreath were perfect for the project!

    ReplyDelete
  34. What a great idea to reuse something you already have! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  35. This is just darling :) Thanks so much for linking up at LLR . Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Thank you so much for being a part of the creative sharing at Rook No. 17! I hope we'll have the pleasure of your company and creativity at tomorrow's "A Little Birdie Told Me..."

    Warmest wishes,
    Jenn

    P.S. Spotlighting your post on my FB page today!

    ReplyDelete
  37. always so inspired when i stop by tip junkie tuesdays!! great post, and hope you'll come visit at my blog where i have a fabulous giveaway right now: http://www.hellolovelyinc.blogspot.com/2012/04/april-giveaway.html

    smiles.

    michele

    ReplyDelete
  38. So clever, creative and beautiful! I've spotlighted your post on my Facebook page today.

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  39. So cute! I would love for you to share this with my "Unveil Your Genius" link party.
    http://taylornorris.blogspot.com/2012/03/unveil-your-genius-link-party-3-geniuss.html

    Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  40. I am in love with rag tie wreaths. They are my favorite! Yours is too cute! love the vinyl too!

    Danielle
    www.blissfulanddomestic.com

    ReplyDelete
  41. Beautiful - love the purples! Very spring!
    I would love for you to stop by and link this up to my Creative inspirations Party happening NOW! I would love to have you there!
    Stacey of Embracing Change
    http://staceyembracingchange.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  42. Love that this is made from a pillowcase! I've got some vintage ones I could put to good use this way.

    ReplyDelete
  43. I love this wreath and the colors too! Did you see the one I made the other day? I think yours inspired me! You have to stop back tomnorrow to see the features I chose from the week! Thanks for linking up - please come back this week!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

    ReplyDelete
  44. Featured you today! Come grab a button! Thanks for linking up!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

    ReplyDelete

WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY!!!

There was an error in this gadget