Friday, March 16, 2012

Rock & Candle Centerpiece

Are you familiar with the Irish Riverdance? If not, you can check it out here. Truly incredibly talented group of performers. Our hats off to them. 

We thought it would be fun to play off of that and make an Irish  "river rock" candle centerpiece. We have all seen the rocks with the inscriptions of different encouraging words on them. We came up with a way to get the feel of those rocks without feeling the pinch in our pocket book.

We found the rocks at where else, Dollar Tree.  We used two bags for this.
We had the paint pen, candles and tray already. 
We dumped the rocks out and choose the most interesting ones to write our words on. 

Since we are celebrating St. Patrick's Day, we tried to keep the words related, although, this entire centerpiece can be left out year round since it is so neutral and does not scream St. Pat's Day.

                                       Luck of the Irish is important to have.

                          The Irish are full of joy and have big hearts.

The Irish love their family, put their hope in God and are thankful for His mercy.

                                     The Irish love as deep as their faith.

                                     The Irish praise God for His goodness.

Just subtle little reminders of the important things in our life for all to see. Be inspired, get creative!

He who has pity on the poor lends to the Lord,
And He will pay back what he has given.
Proverbs 19:17

Linking To:
TidyMom I'm Lovin' It Design Dazzle504 MainSimply DesigningOne Artsy MamaPhotobucketmichellepaigePhotobucketClassy Clutter{nifty button}I Heart Nap TimeUndertheTableandDreamingKeeping It SimpleSkip To My LouThe Girl Creativeall crafts Homemade Projects ~ Add Yours! {3/20}


  1. I like the idea. I have a rock candle set that came without the rocks...I've been wondering if I should buy some rocks for the tray. I like how yours look, so I guess I will. Thanks for sharing.

  2. I really like that. Wish we could have candles. We have a very active cat, but I might be able to do something else with the general idea.

  3. I love this idea! So simple but lovely looking! Would be so fun for summer decor, too!

  4. Great idea. I've seen similar things in the store, but I love your home-y style =)

  5. I really like this, and the idea of a non-traditional look. It is very simple but very pretty look. I don't know what my cat would do with it, he'll probably enjoy it. Like how the rocks look in the tray. Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration at Sunday's Best.

  6. Simple and elegant!! Very cute! Thanks so much for linking up to "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." We loved having you and hope you'll join us again next week! -The Sisters



There was an error in this gadget