Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Olive Cheese Bread aka YUM!!!

Seriously, delicious!

This is one of those recipes that after you try it, it will become part of your recipe go to's for family dinning and entertaining it is that good, considering you like olives, cheese, butter and a few other ingredients.  

This is also one of those recipes where we did not get in there and add or change anything. You know the ones that you want to keep true to taste and not loose anything in the translation.
We first tried this recipe at our nieces birthday party and when we heard it was from the Pioneer Woman, well, we just knew it would be great. And it was, and it is and it will be again!

This bread may look like pizza bread, however it is not.
Worth repeating is the fact that we did not alter this recipe. We understand cooks like to experiment here and their. We hope you will try it the way it was written first, and than if you are just itching to adjust it somehow, do it than. But at least taste it the original way.

         Recipe for Olive Cheese Bread
                from: Ree Drummond The Pioneer Woman

One 14.5-ounce can black olives, drained
One 6-ounce jar pimiento-stuffed green olives, drained
2 stalks green onions
1 stick butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup mayonnaise
12 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, grated
1 loaf crusty French bread, sliced lengthwise

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
Roughly chop both the black olives and pimiento-stuffed green olives. Slice the green onions into thin pieces.
Combine the butter, mayonnaise, cheese, olives and green onions in a mixing bowl. Stir together until thoroughly combined.
Spread the mixture onto the French bread. Bake until the cheese is melted and browning, 20 to 25 minutes.
Cook's Note: The mixture can also be refrigerated (up to 2 days) and used as a dip. Great with crackers!

This recipe yields enough spread that you could use 2  loafs of French bread instead of just one as the recipe calls for. But we kept the entire recipe as is and enjoyed every bit of it!

Once you smell it in the oven baking you already know you are in for a treat! Than when you take just one bite, you are hooked. It really is hard to stop eating. While this is not one of our more healthy recipes, sometimes you just gotta live it up some. And who's to say that you couldn't swap out the gluten French bread for gluten free French bread?! Use a vegan cheese, butter and mayo to boot!

This could almost be a meal in it's self. Make a nice green salad, a glass of wine, share the meal with family and friends, wonderful.

We hope we have made you hungry enough that you are going to give this a try. Seriously, delicious. Be inspired. Get creative!

By humility and the fear of the Lord
Are riches and honor and life.
Proverbs 22:4

Linking To:

Lil\'LunaSouthern LovelyThe 36th AVENUE
Photobucket 52 MantelsPhotobucketCatch a Glimpse ButtonPhotobucketBlissfulanddomesticThe Frugal GirlsPhotobucketPhotobucketSimply DesigningTidyMom I'm Lovin' ItSimply Sweet Home Friday FavoritePhotobucketMichelle’s Tasty Creations{nifty button}I Heart Nap TimeLink Up, Party People!!Keeping It Simplemop it up mondaysUndertheTableandDreamingSkip To My Louall crafts Homemade Projects ~ Add Yours! {4/24}a to zebrahomeworkTodays Creative Blogshakentogether


  1. Oh Yum!!!
    this looks so good!
    I am visiting from the blog hop :)
    Thank you! I am going to follow your feed and make this soon.
    {snippets of design}

  2. Oh My Goodness - this looks incredible!

  3. Love the Pioneer Woman and this looks YUMMY! Thanks for sharing it with us!

  4. Are you serious? I thought this was a pizza when I first glanced at the photo. This looks incredibly delicious!

  5. OMG THIS LOOKS AMAZING!!! I will definitely try this {as is} I wouldn't change a thing. Yum!
    xo Jess

  6. Hello Rose,
    This recipe looks so delicious. Thanks for sharing.
    Smiles, Paula

  7. Oh wow! What's not to love about this? My mouth is drooling. I will be saving this to try out on Mr. B soon! I'd love it if you shared at my new Tuesday link party starting April 24th!

  8. This looks so delicious, I love savoury breads. Especially with olives and cheese. Mmmmmmm must be lunchtime you've made me hungry :)

  9. OH man! this looks good. I had to pin it for later. Thanks for sharing. Have a great weekend!

  10. Thanks for the recipe. This looks so good.

  11. This looks delicious! My kids LOVE olives... they would love this! Thanks for sharing! xoxo- Rachel

  12. Yes, please two slices ! Hugs and happy weekend wishes!

  13. Oh my goodness, this looks amazing! I love a ooey gooey cheesy bread.

    I'm visiting from Chic and Crafty and would love to invite you to share this, and any other posts you would like to, at my Creative Thursday Link Party at (Link up until Monday 4-23-12)

    Have a great day,

  14. Kristin,

    Thanks so much for linking up this week. Hope to see you again next week.

    Have a great day,

  15. I just bought these ingredients... hoping to make this maybe Monday! mmm

  16. Oh WOWZERS, Kristin! This looks fabulous!! I just featured it on my FB page:
    Thanks so much for linking up with us at Mop It Up Mondays!


  17. This looks delicious! I'm definitely going to try it.:)

  18. Yummy! My husband would go bananas!
    Thanks for linking up to the Creative Inspirations Party at Embracing Change!
    So happy you were here!

  19. This is quite an Italian favourite, thank you for reminding me of this!

  20. Kristin - I am featuring you tomorrow at the {what's shakin' link party} #6 ... hope you stop by, link up and grab a featured button! You deserve it! YUM!



There was an error in this gadget