Thursday, April 19, 2012

Sheet Music Spring Pinwheel Flowers

                                  We are loving this blue!

We found an old music sheet book at the thrift store that we fell in love with. This book was well worn but not falling apart. What we loved most, and what spoke to our heart the most, were the little hand written notes in pencil the piano teacher made for the student. Every page had some little note written on it. So now, it is in our hands to lovingly and gently take apart and re purpose into another way of life.






                            Here is an example of the piano teacher's notes.

We started by making our pinwheel flowers first. Three from the sheet music book and three from some scrapbook paper.


We did a little embellishment in the middle of the pinwheel flower using a miniature plastic Christmas ornament that we hot glued on in the center. We glued a tall lollipop stick in one of the pinwheel pleats.

For our flower containers we used some flower pots we already had. Since these containers already had the Styrofoam base in them from a previous project, all we had to do was to insert our flowers and cover the bases with dollar tree moss.

Placed on the Spring mantel to greet you when you enter.

And to wish you God's speed, as you leave.

Are you feeling the Blue yet? What colors are you decorating primarily with this Spring? 
Be inspired. Get creative!

By humility and the fear of the Lord
Are riches and honor and life.
Proverbs 22:4

Linking to:


Photobucket The 36th AVENUECatch a Glimpse ButtonThe Celebration ShoppePhotobucketBlissfulanddomesticThe Frugal GirlsChic on a Shoestring DecoratingPhotobucketPhotobucketTidyMom I'm Lovin' ItI Heart Nap TimeUndertheTableandDreamingSkip To My Louall crafts Homemade Projects ~ Add Yours! {4/24}Link-Party

8 comments:

  1. Those are very cute. I love the blue you used. I was wondering if you would stop over and share this at the Sunday Round Up party? I starts Saturday night @ http://www.arosiesweethome.com/
    Thanks
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE these! I think it is so sweet that you were touched by the piano teachers notes. Giving new life to old things is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are so fun! I still have my music books with notes like that from my teachers, so fun to go back and read. I'm just redecorating my living room/piano room, I might have to find a place for some of these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fantastic project! I would love it if you would consider sharing it at my Pinworthy Projects Link Party over at Just Us Four!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so pretty, I love the blue!

    New follower,
    Shannon@SewSweetCottage

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are fun and colorful - very nice! I tried to make something similar and didn't make out so well!
    Your look great!
    Thanks for linking up to the Creative Inspirations Party at Embracing Change!
    So happy you were here!
    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing this great idea with us at The Sunday Round Up.
    Rose
    @ http://www.arosiesweethome.com/

    ReplyDelete

WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY!!!

There was an error in this gadget