Monday, May 14, 2012

Bandana Rag Wreath

A splash of color!

What is black and white and red all over?! You probably are thinking, "a newspaper" right? Usually that would be the correct answer, however, in this case... it would be our Bandana Rag Wreath! See, black and white and red all over!!!

Anyway, we love bandana print, especially in the Summertime. When we came across this bandana fabric remnant at the thrift store we had to have it! It was only a matter of time until we knew what we would use it for.





We made this wreath with our kitchen nook in mind. Since we are in the process of giving the nook a very little, very inexpensive face-lift, we thought the bandana print would be a welcome addition. We are using colors of black, red, white and yellow.

The nook serves as our daily meals, snacks and school work area. So, we spend quite a bit of time in their and want to have it inviting and fun too.


To make this wreath we used a grapevine wreath we already had, thrift store fabric, buttons and hot glue.

 What we did:

We torn the fabric into strips and stared at the top of the wreath and tied the strips on one by one. We went back a second time to fill in areas that needed to be filled to make the wreath look fuller. This wreath is done in the same manner as our pillow case wreath was made in.


We set aside some of the fabric strips to use to make fabric rosettes with to go on the wreath. We thought adding black and red buttons to the rosettes was a nice contrast, plus, it gave us a chance to use up some of the craft items we have been collecting. All we did was to hot glue the buttons on after we made the rosettes.

Here is a great tutorial on how to make rolled fabric rosettes.
We love the contrast of the fabric strips we used to make the rosettes with and how it all works together.




Our wreath hangs on the kitchen nook door. As you can kind of see, the walls are yellow.


It really is fun to see what you can come up with to  decorate your home in new creative ways using items that you find pretty inexpensively at the thrift store/second hand store.


Have we inspired you to pull out all your old bandana's and make a bandana rag wreath?! Be inspired. Get creative!

Give us help from trouble,
For the help of man is useless.
Through God we will do valiantly,
For it is He who shall tread down our enemies
Psalm 60:11-12

Linking To:

UndertheTableandDreamingSkip To My LouCraft & Tellblah2beautifulOrganizingHomelife.comhomeworkTodays Creative Blog all crafts Homemade Projects ~ Add Yours! {5/15}Pincushion CreationsMy PhotoHow to Nest for LessLil\'LunaSouthern LovelyOrganize and Decorate Everythingshabby creek cottage52 MantelsPhotobucketCatch a Glimpse ButtonThe 36th AVENUESomewhat SimpleThe Frugal GirlsPhotobucketSimply Sweet Home Friday FavoritePhotobucketChic on a Shoestring DecoratingSimply DesigningPhotobucketTidyMom I'm Lovin' ItMaiden D'Shade LinkyNatasha In Oz{nifty button}Photobucketlink up, party people!!I Heart Nap Time
PhotobucketSimply Sweet Home Featured 

21 comments:

  1. Very cute!
    Blythe
    www.thedesperatecraftwives.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that splash of color!!! Thanks for sharing!
    xo
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this wreath - another touch to make your house feel like HOME! :) Would love to have you share with my readers at my linky party {stringtownhome.blogspot.com}!

    So glad I found you - I'm a new follower!
    hugs-
    heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your wreath! I've always had a thing for red bandana fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the country look of the bandanas! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is super cute. Great Job:) New Linky follower.
    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fun wreath. I love the color!

    Thanks for sharing!
    --Katie
    @ Creatively Living

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! Such an adorable wreath! I love the fabrics you chose, too!

    Take care,

    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this wreath! Bandanas are awesome!

    I would love it if you would share this on my new link party:
    http://www.maidendshade.com/2012/05/youve-got-it-maiden-dshade-link-party-1.html

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is terrific! What a perfect way to use the bandana fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so cute, I have always loved bandana fabric too!

    Shannon@SewSweetCottage

    ReplyDelete
  12. This wreath is adorable. It would be a perfect addition to an upcoming barnyard themed party that I'm hosting. I love the added floral details. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know I already told you I loved this wreath...but now I'm hoping you'll link it up to my Red, White, Blue & You Holiday Link Party. Thanks so much, Michelle
    http://michellepaige.blogspot.com/2012/05/red-white-blue-you-holiday-link-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Replies
    1. I'm featuring your wreath today! http://michellepaige.blogspot.com/2012/06/4th-of-july-wreaths.html

      Delete
  15. Love the buttons! Thanks so much for sharing at Mom On Timeout!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love red bandanas! Cute wreath! I'm featuring you this week for Friday Favorites!

    ReplyDelete

WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY!!!

Share It