Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Burlap & Lace Candle Jars

Pretty & Rustic

Loving the look of lace and burlap, we put the two together to make Burlap and Lace Candle Jars for our Sunflower Mantel. The lace gives a very feminine, pretty look and feel while the burlap gives rustic look and feel. Together, they create a pretty & rustic look we like.




To make our burlap & lace candle jars we used mason jars, rough cut burlap pieces and rough cut lace.


We took the rough cut burlap and wrapped it around the mason jar.

Next we took our piece of lace and tied it around the burlap and that is it!


Here is a look at the back of the candle jar. Love how the  two textures mix well together.

Placed a flame less votive candle in the jar and placed it on the mantel.




Mason jars look good no matter what.... painted, wrapped with burlap and lace...it doesn't matter!


As you can see, we just cut the burlap and left the edges raw for that rustic look.






Simple, quick and inexpensive decorating! That is how we like to roll! Be inspired. Get creative!

Do not correct a scoffer, lest he hate you;
Rebuke a wise man, and he will love you.
Proverbs 9:8

Linking to:
all crafts Homemade Projects ~ Add Yours! {5 29}homeworkCraft & TellWe Would Love For You To Join Us Each Wednesday...Lil\'LunaSouthern LovelyOrganize and Decorate Everything
52 MantelsThe 36th AVENUEshabby creek cottageOne Artsy MamaThe Frugal GirlsPhotobucketSimply DesigningTidyMom I'm Lovin' It  Classy ClutterNatasha In Oz{nifty button}UndertheTableandDreaming

17 comments:

  1. Hello Kristin,
    I love the rustic look of your candle holders, and the lace is just the perfect touch. Thanks for sharing.
    Smiles, Paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look great (and super easy!) Thanks!
    I'd love for you to link up to my new link party:
    http://naptimedelights.blogspot.ca/2012/05/tuesdays-tidbits-2.html

    Thanks!
    Sarah
    {http://naptimedelights.blogspot.com}

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute and look really easy to make. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder if this would look good for a 50th Wedding Anniversary celebration. I have got to decorate for our Pastor and his wifes anniversary, got to do something that is not expensive for the tables. Love this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this idea, wonder if this would look ok for a 50th wedding celebration. I need to find inexpensive ideas to decorate the tables. I thought this might look good with gold tablecovers. What do you think? Should I use this idea?

    ReplyDelete
  6. How simply sweet!! thank you for sharing with us again this week at uncommon!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simple but sweet at the same time and I love your blog. Your newest follower via TimeOutThursday!!! Please follow back so we can share creative ideas!?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these candles they have such a romantic feel. I think I would consider putting them in bedroom or on the mantel. I am your newest linky follower.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my! This is so simple and yet a knock out of a project! Thanks for sharing!

    We host a weekly Crafty Showcase (Sat-Thur) with the Featured links on Friday. It would be an honor if you would stop over and link up this fun crafty idea post or any others you want to share!

    We also have a linky for ETSY and Crafty Business links!

    Have a great weekend!

    Susie
    http://bowdabrablog.com/2012/06/02/saturday-showcase-craft-projects-4/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the contrast between the roughness of the burlap and the prim lace. I spot cute Coke vases back there also!

    Distressed Donna Down Home

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely project !!

    I would you to add this to my crafty linky party happening right now !!

    Www.polkadot-pretties.blogspot.com

    Hope to see you there

    Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are such nice textures to work with! Love how pretty!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are really beautiful. I love burlap projects, and they look very simple but elegant and would be perfect for any occasion. I'd love for you to add them (or any home or garden post) to my Your Cozy Home Party. It opens every Monday night - Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty... and it really looks so elegant.

    Happy mid-week and greetings from rainy Stockholm,
    /CC

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm still enjoying your jars....Thanks for linking up to my party!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So cute! They look great with the sunflowers!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just stopped by to let you know your pretty candle jars were featured on my blog this week! Thanks for stopping by to share them with me!

    ReplyDelete

WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY!!!

There was an error in this gadget