Saturday, May 12, 2012

Spring Front Porch

                Simple touches for Spring

With Spring in full swing now we thought it was time to share with you how we added some simple little touches, in a budget friendly way, to our front porch.

 We have a small front porch and decorating it is pretty simple to do. With a few thrift store finds and things we already owned, a can of spray paint and some nursery flowers, we put it all together for our Spring front porch!

We had the rust colored plant stand for sometime now and finally decided to use it for what it was intended for, plants! We just left it as is since the color of the stand matched our porch wrought iron railings.

Incorporating little touches of black into the porch decor came by way of a black flower pot we had and a thrift store planter box we picked up recently that originally was painted copper.

A few other elements we added were a green tin pitcher that was here forever that is great for placing fresh cut from the garden flower stems in and, a dollar tree plaque, both add another little touch of Spring.

                                   Sprinkled in are some flowers from our local nursery.

                              This is what the now black planter box used to look like.

So much better now!

Isn't that the truth.

Front door with a French market basket of Spring flowers and ivy.

You know how we love purple!

A few more looks at the front porch.

Favorite repurposed Spring item, so far...

Can you guess what this use to be? We bought it last Spring to put our garden hose in. You coil up the hose, and there is a hole in the back the hose threads through. Well, we decided we did not want a hose on the front of the house any longer so what to do with the container?!

Oh, I know. Make it into a plant container!

There is the hose hole. Now the water drainage hole.

This is much nicer to look at than some old ugly garden hose! 

And when the flowers take root and start growing, they are going to look so pretty cascading over the side of the container!

We hope we have inspired you in some small way today to add a few simple Spring touches to your porch, and maybe even a repurposed item at that! Be inspired. Get creative!

Like a madman who throws firebrands, arrows, and death,
Is the man who deceives his neighbor,
And says, “I was only joking!”
Proverbs 26:18-19

Linking To:

Classy Clutter
I Heart Nap TimeUndertheTableandDreamingSkip To My LouCraft & Tellblah2beautifulOrganizingHomelife.comhomeworkTodays Creative Blogall crafts Homemade Projects ~ Add Yours! {5/15}My PhotoHow to Nest for LessLil\'LunaSouthern LovelyOrganize and Decorate Everythingshabby creek cottage52 MantelsCatch a Glimpse ButtonPhotobucketThe 36th AVENUESomewhat SimpleQuality Cheap HomeThe Frugal GirlsPhotobucketPhotobucketChic on a Shoestring DecoratingSimply DesigningPhotobucketTidyMom I'm Lovin' It{nifty button}link up, party people!!I Gotta Try That


  1. Your front entryway looks so inviting and warm with the new flowers. Wonderful Job. Have a awesome Mother’s Day weekend.
    Smiles, Paula

  2. I love all the ideas for making a front door look like an invitation! Great post - thank you for sharing!

  3. So pretty! I love it! Purple is my favorite! :)

  4. Happy Mother's Day! This turned out so pretty. The flowers add the perfect touch of color. Enjoy your new porch.

  5. Oh how beautiful! These are my new favorite colors for summer! You have just made me realize that I have totally neglected my front door and given all of my attention to the back deck! Love your flower containers! Saw you at the Gunny Sack!

  6. Wow! Your front door is such a fun colour! Actually, they both are!

    Lovely :)

  7. Love your charming colorful front door.

  8. Fabulous door color! Love the thrifty touches too.

  9. Pretty!!! Love that cute little stand on the right side!! xo Holly

  10. I am loving this.

  11. It looks beautiful! And the door color is amazing!

  12. I love all the flowers, and that front door is totally awesome!!!

    Thanks for sharing!
    @ Creatively Living

  13. Looks beautiful. I'd love for you to link up your post to my party as well:

  14. So pretty! Love the color palette and the door color!

  15. So pretty! I love it! Wanna come decorate my porch too? I have a problem keeping flowers alive for more than 2 days :)

  16. Very pretty! I wanted to let you know that I am featuring your porch today!

  17. I love the color of your front door, so very pretty and love the new and inviting porch! My fingers are crossed you might share this at Sunday's Best Party tonight. I'm celebrating my 1 year blogaversary and the giveaway is s FREE blog banner and button. Join in on the fun!

  18. Love the front porch redo, especially the door. What brand and color paint is the door. I plan to incorporate several of your ideas for my door.

  19. Such vibrant color! Perfect! Thanks so much for sharing at Mom On Timeout!

  20. This is so cute. I would love if you shared it on my linky party!
    Thanks Marcie @



There was an error in this gadget