Saturday, May 19, 2012

Washi Tape Up Cycled Cans



Better late than never, right?

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by and visit us today. 
We are happy you are here!

After seeing so many interesting projects using Washi Tape we thought we would give it a try too.  Not sure what we wanted to do for our very first Washi Tape project, we decided to play it safe and decorate some painted cans we had. You know, kinda test the waters and see how it worked and how we liked it. Plus, we did a little up cycling too!
And the verdict..... we LOVED IT!!!!.





We found our Washi Tape at Target in the stationary supply area. Our Target only had two color choices, so we bought both. The tape is very nice to work with. Soft and forgiving.



Remember these painted cans? We used them in our Easter Flower Can post. We still had them kicking around after Easter and they can in handy for this little Washi Tape project.



All we did was figure out which tape to con on which can, and start wrapping.



You may be wondering what the can open is for. Well, initially we wanted to plant some flowers in the cans for Mother Day gift giving, but we got side tracked into other things.



So we punched the cans and decided that if we did want to use the cans for planters later we could and that part would be done for us.



Here is a look at the Washi Tape we worked with.






And now to show you how we used our Washi Tape Up Cycled Cans




The red and white can is used to hold dry erase markers in for our white board.














The green and blue can we placed in our bath room with a few pretty flowers in it.















And the blue and purple can we placed on our front porch and pulled out our paper flowers to put inside.









And so that was our first experience with Washi Tape, and there are sure to be in the future. What have your experiences been playing with Washi Tape? Are you a fan? Be inspired. get creative!

He who covers his sins will not prosper,
But whoever confesses and forsakes them will have mercy.
Proverbs 28:13

Linking To:
{nifty button}Photobucketlink up, party people!!I Heart Nap TimePhotobucket artsy-fartsy mamaSkip To My LouUndertheTableandDreamingCraft & TellhomeworkOrganizingHomelife.comall crafts Homemade Projects ~ Add Yours! {5/22}blah2beautifulTodays Creative Blog
PhotobucketMy PhotoPincushion CreationsLil\'LunaSouthern LovelyOrganize and Decorate Everything52 MantelsThe 36th AVENUEshabby creek cottagePhotobucketBlissful and DomesticTidyMom I'm Lovin' ItThe Frugal GirlsReduce, Reuse, UPcycle

19 comments:

  1. These are so cute! Did you know we are hosting a washi tape contest with Target gift cards as prizes? I would love for you to stop by and enter your washi tape cans!
    http://www.thegunnysack.com/2012/05/pinspired-rewired-washi-tape-link-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my first time hearing of washi tape. How is it different from other tapes and where do I get it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Kristin these are awesome! I love all of the ideas with this tape! I really need some.

    I would LOVE for you to stop over and link this up in our Crafty Saturday Showcase! It runs from Sat-Thur. Then we pick the top post to feature on Friday. We also have a linky for ETSY and Business Crafty items!

    Hope you have a great weekend!
    Susie @Bowdabra
    http://bowdabrablog.com/2012/05/19/saturday-showcase-craft-projects-2/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I've been really out of the loop I've never heard of Washitape but I think I love it.. The cans look great.. Now, I have to go out and get some of this and try it like you did.. Thanks for sharing this! :)
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look great! Washi tape is quicking becoming the next burlap - it makes everything look better!

    I hope we get some more colour choices in Canada soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely ADORE these!! Such nice photos too! ;) I need to make some!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fun idea! Yours turned out great!

    I featured you on my blog today, come check it out:
    http://www.artsyfartsymama.com/2012/05/pinteresting-features-n-shtuff-33.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are good ideas and can be used for so many things. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah, ummmmmm.....these are AWESOME! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been saving several cans for some different organizing areas but decorating with this tape is cute! I'm going to have to find some of it. Love to have you link this up to Titus 2 Tuesday on Cornerstone Confessions.

    Hopping over from Simply Sensational Tuesday.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE what you did with the washi tape--I'm obsessed with this stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I gotta get me some washi tape- I read about it everywhere!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a fantastic project! Would you consider linking it up at my Pinworthy Projects Party? I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are so cute ... love the colors. And I featuring these today at the {what's shakin' link party}!! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a cute and thrifty idea!

    --Katie
    @ Creatively Living

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a great idea! I would love to feature this on Reduce, Reuse, Upcycle. Feel free to stop by and grab a featured button. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those are cute - I have to find some of that tape to try ... where do you purchase it? Thanks for linking up this week!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

    ReplyDelete
  18. Adorable! Such a great way to repurpose!

    ReplyDelete

WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY!!!

There was an error in this gadget