Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Bottle Rockets


3, 2, 1.... blast off!

Did you shoot off bottle rockets when you were a kid?! Oh, some of you are still lucky enough to do so you say.  Since fireworks are illegal in our parts, we will have to settle for paper bottle rockets instead. 

These were originally designed to be rocket favors by Martha Stewart, but we saw them being used a different way.






We started with a mason jar that we filled with red filler. Than we downloaded, printed and cut out the pieces and put them together adding a stick on the back so they would stand up in the bottle/jar. The directions are super easy and in no time, you will have your rockets!

Click on the link below to get your pieces and directions.






If you are planning a Fourth of July party these could double as decor and a take home favor. 
Just follow Martha's directions, and than add your stick and place in a jar/bottle.




You can find our previous Fourth of July posts here if you missed them: Fourth of July Mantel and Red, White & Blue Decorative Cans.
Be inspired. Get creative!

For more Fourth of July ideas check out our Fourth of July Mantel & Red, White & Blue Decorative Cans!

Do not eat the bread of a miser,
Nor desire his delicacies;
For as he thinks in his heart, so is he.
“Eat and drink!” he says to you,
But his heart is not with you.
Proverbs 22:6-7


Todays Creative Bloguncategorized Homemade Projects ~ Add Yours! {6 19}We Would Love For You To Join Us Each Wednesday...Southern LovelyLil\'LunaSNAP!Somewhat SimpleThe Frugal GirlsTidyMomPhotobucketkitchenfunwithmy3sons{nifty button}I Heart Nap TimeUndertheTableandDreamingSkip To My Lou

6 comments:

  1. Very cute! I might try these with toilet tissue or paper towel rolls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! We would love for you to share this at our Kitchen Fun and Crafty link party going on now! http://kitchenfunwithmy3sons.blogspot.com/2012/06/kitchen-fun-and-crafty-friday-link_21.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun I have been saving my toilet paper rolls to make some of these!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm having so much fun going through all your fun 4th of July projects! You've been busy! I really think these rockets are so precious! Thanks so much for linking them up to my Red, White, Blue & You Link Party! I appreciate you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the idea. I think I will make these with my girls, but I will also probably use tp rolls instead of more expensive paper.

    ReplyDelete

WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY!!!

Share It