Monday, July 23, 2012

Beach Theme Mantel

A time of reflection...

Where do you go when you need a little time of reflection and soul searching? I love the beach. The water, the sand and the shells, But most of all I love the way it makes me feel when I sit in the sand at look out across the water and see how it goes on seemingly forever. It reminds me that whatever trials I am going through in life I am not alone and that God is with me through it all, and He is bigger, greater than anything.



I needed to bring a little of the "beach", in to my immediate surroundings and the mantel just begged to help out.


I choose the colors and elements that speak beach to me.  Blues for the water, sand, seashells, starfish,  burlap,  sand castles, candles,  beach grass/plants and umbrellas.

I laid a remnant piece of burlap on the mantel to act as "beach sand" and anchor the other elements.

Dollar tree sand and colored glass came in handy to fill up the jars. The blue glass representing the "water".

I dug out some fake beach grass and used it to give a more realistic look to the beach theme.

One of my favorite uses for mason jars are using them as candle jars. A piece of burlap hot glued onto the jar, with a seashell glued on the front as well makes for a very simple and beach appropriate look.






I have collected seashells for awhile and pulled out a few to scatter about. I also used some dollar tree shells I have had hanging around too.


The blue paper umbrella adds the water element and I just love those cute little things.


Got to have a sandcastle of course.



We hope we have inspired you to bring a little of the beach indoors this summer!
Be inspired. Get creative!

As the heavens for height and the earth for depth,
So the heart of kings is unsearchable.
Proverbs 25:3

Linking to:

handmade projects Homemade Projects ~ Add Yours! {7 24}Lil\'LunaTidyMomI Heart Nap TimeThe Frugal Girls





7 comments:

  1. That is one beautiful mantel! I'm in a beach mood lately and I see lots of inspiration here. Love the sandcastle...did you make it? I also love those umbrellas! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Kristin,
    I love your beautiful mantel display of the ocean theme. I love the ocean to, and I am always in awe of God’s beautiful creations here on earth. Have a wonderful day.
    Smiles, Paula

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks beautiful Kristen! I love how you used the burlap for the 'sand' look. Beautiful colours! Have a wonderful week! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really, really love the mason glass jars as luminaries! Super creative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovin' your beach mantle! The burlap is my favorite...also the fun beach umbrellas stuck in the sand! I love the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the designs. it catches the attention of many.

    ReplyDelete

WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY!!!

There was an error in this gadget