Friday, August 31, 2012

Boys Room Makeover Pt.1

Boys room makeover!We decided we needed to take a little break recently from blogging, in case you wondered where we were, and spend that time with family, catch up on the things we put on the back burner and to do a little soul searching. What we have realized is that we need to blog less and spend more time with our family and staying current on the goings on in our lives. So without boring you with all the details, going forward, are postings may be hit and miss.

Well here is something that we have been working on! Boys need a good bed room makeover just as much as girls at some point in time. And it was time!



Not intending to turn this makeover into a blog post, I confess, I do not have any before pictures to show you. But I will share with you through words, some of what the before did look like. 

A couple of years ago my son choose a really nice, bright apple green color for his room.  It held up well, but we like change after awhile. We had primary colored stacker bins on wheels that held an assortment of Legos, cars and other junk, I mean, beloved personal possessions, that found their way on the floor more times than in the draws. 

His book shelf was a hand me down of natural wood that had an industrial feel, but served a purpose for his many books since he loves to read. His posters were Diary of a Whimpy Kid and Transformers.  Not bad, but they had seen better days with corners tron and he was ready for some different visuals. 
To pit it nicely, the room was starting to look a little crapy and was more young boy than 9 going on 10 pre-teen boy room.

So, we headed out to Home Depot and he choose a new color of paint, Cool Colbolt. We really love the color, dad too! I found a decently priced black book case at Walmart that lends a more modern look to the room. A new lava lamp has a home on top of the bookcase along with his pirate ship.


Wanting a needing to scale down the amount of un-played with little toys he collected, we sorted through eacg drawer and only kept what we honestly knew would be played with. {I must of donated about 10 pounds worth of little stuff!} I also wanted to store his toys neatly and have some organization to the maddness.



Enter this little storage on wheels from Walmart. I was able to assembled it myself no less! Love the storage space and that the drawers can be taken out, the contents played with and than neatly cleaned up and put away. 

Currently there are three drawers full of Legos.

Love the top for displaying robots and Transformers.

The white shelf's were ones we already had and decided to keep since my son wanted to display some of his personal belongings on them. The blue chair in the corner is a under $20.00 bill from Walmart! honestly, I found the majority of the new pieces from Walmart. Which was nice for the budget. The area rug was a Target find.

Do your boys love skate boarding and Shaun White?! My son does and I knew that I wanted to use S.W. on the wall. So, I surfed the web and found some free Shaun White photos. Click here and look around if you are interested in obtaining some also. Bought some dollar tree frames and went to work!



This is where I will leave off for now. I still have some more to show you from the room makeover in another post. So until than, be inspired, get creative!

The wicked flee when no one pursues,
But the righteous are bold as a lion.
                                                    Proverbs 28:1

Linking to:

TidyMomI Heart Nap TimeTodays Creative BlogLil\'Luna


The Frugal Girls




5 comments:

  1. You're back! Love how you're putting family first...great reminders for myself. Your son's room looks amazing! Can't wait to see Part 2.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great room! :) I love how your son's personality really shines through. Megan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great room! We would love for you to share this on our Kitchen Fun and Crafty Friday link party...just posted it! Thanks!
    http://kitchenfunwithmy3sons.blogspot.com/2012/09/kitchen-fun-and-crafty-friday-link.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your sons room. I am going to have to post pictures of our sons room re-do, it looks like almost the same color. lol
    Anyway, it looks, neat and clean and organized!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute! Can't wait to see part 2. :)

    ReplyDelete

WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY!!!

There was an error in this gadget