Friday, September 21, 2012

Black & White Halloween Mantel

Seeing things in black and white. We decided to to decorate in black and white this Halloween season. While we love the Halloween orange, purple and greens, there is just something alluring about decorating in black and white, no matter if it for  the season, an occasion, for home decor or fashion. Love it!!!

We were able to achieve our decorating by using things we already had and did not spend a penny on any of the mantel decor! So before you head out thinking you need to buy a few new things for this years Halloween theme, stop and take a look at what you have on hand. Maybe you don't need to spend anything, or at the very least, change your theme a bit to incorporate in different arrangements what you have.

We touched up a few of our white pumpkins with a little white paint for this seasons decorating. A simple dollar store glass candle stick was spray painted last season, but works perfectly to hold a small white pumpkin on this year!

Don't forget to check out local thrift stores for your candle holders. We found these black candle sticks last year and use them in one way or another year round.

Dollar tree was a great spot to find these black crows. They were still in pretty good shape after using them last Halloween. We spotted some more black crows their this year too, so if you need some, ya better hurry!

Netting and a feather boa from the scrap drawer make a nice little home for some black widow spiders.

"Never more"

A group of candles to light the dark night.

Mason jars on painted candle sticks  beside a glittery candelabrum.


A touch of sparkle on our friend the spider.

Black crow standing guard, lest anyone foolishly try to take a white pumpkin.

You may now adjust your eyes back in color. We have enjoyed sharing our Black and White Halloween Mantel with you today. Be inspired, get creative!

My son, eat honey because it is good,
And the honeycomb which is sweet to your taste;
So shall the knowledge of wisdom be to your soul;
If you have found it, there is a prospect,
And your hope will not be cut off.
Proverbs 24:13-14
Linking to:

The Frugal GirlsTidyMom Heart Nap TimeSkip To My LouPhotobucketTodays Creative BlogLil\'Luna52 MantelsHome Stories A2Zmade in a daySNAP!UndertheTableandDreaming


  1. Jeez, I wish I had your technique skill and precision when it comes to decorating internally. I wouldn't be able to setup halloween if my life depended on it. I'm good at cutting up my lil jack-o's but thats about it.

    -Solomon Berkovitch

  2. Wow I really like that.. The black and white looks so great and it adds an element of class to it as well.. great job! :)

  3. LOVE! You are amazing! I've seen all these white pumpkins on Pinterest lately, and I'm head over heels for them, but pairing them with black is awesome!!! Great ideas as always. Found my Dollar Tree black crow finally...:)

  4. I love this. Black and White is definitely one of my favorites for decorating. I love the spider web looking stuff. If you get a chance come link up at my Pin Party.

  5. The black and white look awesome. Perfect for Halloween. Thanks for linking up to Happy Hour!

  6. I'm hosting an It's Fall Y'all ~ Linky Party. I would love for you to share this, and any other Fall projects you have! Hope to see you there :)

  7. I love the black and white! It looks so crisp, formal and spooky! You always have such great mantel ideas!

  8. Hey...our mantels look similar! Love that cause I adore you guys ...:) xo



There was an error in this gadget