Saturday, December 1, 2012

Make Christmas Sweater Vases

Something cozy.  Don't you just love wrapping yourself up in a big, thick, soft wintry sweater when the season changes?! Maybe even take a little break and have a mug of you favorite hot beverage too. We aren't wrapping ourselves up in a winter sweater quite yet, but we did wrap up some cans and turned them into Christmas sweater vases!

While working with the scrap book tablet for on our birch bark candle holders, we noticed there was also scrap book paper that looked like a soft, winter white sweater in the collection. It a matter of seconds we knew we would be making sweater vases. While nothing can really replace the "real" sweater vases, these are not bad either.

To make the Christmas sweater vases from paper you will need:

Sweater print scrap book paper {Michael's Recollections brand Frosty Cabin theme}
Cans. Scissors. Tape.

Lay the can down on the paper and measure height and length to cover the can and cut to fit.
Secure cur paper to can with tape.

We stuffed the inside of the cans with some white doillies to five a more Christmas feel to the cans ans like the way part of the lace peaks out of the can.

We loves these berry stems we found  on sale. Red and white this Christmas!

We are loving our Christmas sweater vases more and more and one of these days we are going to give the real thing a try. Until than, be inspired. Get creative!

He who mocks the poor reproaches his Maker;
He who is glad at calamity will not go unpunished.

Proverbs 17:5

Linking To:
I Heart Nap TimeUndertheTableandDreamingTodays Creative Bloglil'luna_linking_up_button_2012_09_2552 MantelsLike Mama~Like DaughterAt The Picket Fence Featured FridayThe Frugal GirlsTidyMomOr so she saysSkip To My Lou


  1. Very cute! I love the berries against white. I've been out in the wilds clipping berries myself!

  2. These are so pretty. I have a link party called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Blog Hop and would love to have you share this with everyone. It runs from Wednesday through midnight Sunday. Here is the link to the party.
    Debi @ Adorned From Above

  3. Love the sweater look...thanks for letting me know it's available in scrapbooking paper!

  4. These are way cute - they have very similar ones at Target right now! I also like adding in the cake doily, adds a lot.


  5. I totally saw them at target too! they look great!

  6. Super Cute!! Love anything with a sweater on it :)

  7. These are great!! I love taking sweaters and repurposing them into clothes for my little ones, but have never thought of this! Please consider sharing this with us at Eco-Kids Tuesday!

  8. So cute! I would love for you to share this or any of your great ideas at the link party going on now (and every Saturday - Tuesday) at 'Or so she says ...' Hope to see you there!

  9. I like this whole look with the berries and doilies! I pinned it to my Christmas board.

  10. I love how beautiful these are. They would make a simple and inexpensive Christmas gift too. Thanks for sharing at Eco Kids!

  11. I love that this is paper, so creative and I think the look is so crisp and clean. Beautiful!



There was an error in this gadget