Friday, March 8, 2013

Burlap & Lace Wreath




We decided it was time to do something with some vintage lace and burlap. Since we haven't made a wreath in a while, we thought an Easter wreath was in order.

Crafting is so much nicer when you already have all the craft materials on hand. Sure happy we did!






We have had this Dollar tree wreath hanging around for a while now and it was time to use it. We have also had a good stash of vintage lace we wanted to put to use and some burlap scraps.





We wrapped the entire wreath with the wide width lace first, and than went back and tied on the remaining lace and burlap.

We just cut the lace and burlap into 5-6 inch pieces and staggered them all around the wreath.






We make a couple lace rosettes and a scrap book paper rosette  to decorate our wreath with.




We liked the idea of a mini garland on the wreath and we made up using a piece of natural string, scrap book embellishments and rubber stamps.






Here you see the mini garland spelling out the word "easter".










We really like how vintage looking the wreath turned out.








                     We have it hung in our favorite wreath spot.





That special spot for our family, friends and guests to see when they first walk in.






Have you already decided on your Easter wreath this Easter?

A haughty look, a proud heart,
And the plowing of the wicked are sin.

Proverbs 21:4


Linking To:
TidyMomI Heart Nap TimeSkip To My Louhomework
http://whipperberry.com/
Lil\'LunaThe Frugal GirlsTidyMomhttp://whipperberry.com/UndertheTableandDreamingSpring HOP Link Party via Nest of Posies

4 comments:

  1. I love this...burlap and lace! What a perfect combination to create this vintage-y looking wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness...how pretty! I had to laugh because I just made a wreath based on one of your previous tutorials, and it turned out great! I was so happy. I appreciate your simple instructions and how frugal you are because I am a babe on a budget. :) It just so happens that I have that exact wreath shown here, also from the Dollar Tree and have been wondering what to do with it. I have lace and burlap on hand, and thanks also to you, I know how to do the lace rosettes. I am really into the whole shabby thing at the moment, so I can't wait to try this...thanks for the inspiration! I love the mini garland idea as well. Beautiful job, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful! I love the softness of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Love this ...thanks for sharing this wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete

WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY!!!

There was an error in this gadget