Thursday, March 21, 2013

Shabby Chic Strawberry Plants

Don't forget your sisters this Easter!

The plan was to make each of the four sisters their very own shabby chic strawberry plant can.
As you can see, there are only three. 

The fourth can had a little trouble with water damaging the embellishments, so had to go to plan B and gift something else.

To make the shabby chic strawberry plant cans you will need:

Cans. Burlap. Scrap book paper. Stencil {we used Martha Stewart's}. Paint. Paint brush or dabber. Pearl sticker embellishments. Hot glue gun. Strawberry plants. Potting soil.

To make the greeting card you will need:

Hand tags. Text rubber stamps. Ink. Lace trim. Glue. Popsicle stick.

Start with a clean dry can.. Use a can opener punch or other sharp object to poke drain holes in the bottom of the can.

 Measure and cut a piece of burlap to fit around the can. Use hot glue to secure.

Measure and cut to your liking a piece of scrap book paper for the front of the can. Place your letter stencil on the piece of scrap book paper and apply paint. Allow to dry.

Once the paint is dry apply pearl embellishments to the corners of the paper.

Place and glue the decorated paper onto the burlap can.

Carefully fill you can about half full of potting soil and plant strawberry plant. Fill in with more potting soil and give it a nice drink of water.

Using you rubber stamp letters, stamp put your greeting onto your hang tag card. Hot glue a piece of trim onto the card as you please. 

           Take your Popsicle stick and glue it to the back of the card.

                                 Place the card in the strawberry can.

Place in a sunny spot until ready to gift and keep the soil moist.

Lets not forget our brothers. With a few minor changes, these would work for those who like to garden.

And than of course there is the neighbor, the teachers, the friends and the list goes on and on.

                        Bridal shower favors, May Day, Mother's Day.

                                                          But these are for the sisters.

                                     Happy Easter!!!

The eye that mocks his father,
And scorns obedience to his mother,
The ravens of the valley will pick it out,
And the young eagles will eat it.

Proverbs 30:17

Linking To:
 photo youinspiredbutton150x150_zps59000e02.jpgSpringFlingButton52 MantelsThe Frugal Girls

Spring HOP Link Party via Nest of PosiesTidyMomI Heart Nap TimeUndertheTableandDreamingSkip To My Loulil'luna_linking_up_button_2012_09_25homeworkSNAP!Hickory Trail


  1. I love making handmade gifts for my family, teachers and friends. Therefore I am always on the lookout for handmade gifts that won't break the bank. I love your Shabby Chic Strawberry Plants, they are just the perfect DIY gifts for springtime. ;o)

  2. This is great! I think I'll use this for mother's day. My blog is all about being resourceful while still being creative and making things beautiful. New follower here! Thanks for sharing!

  3. I am sooooo ready for Spring. I am wondering if my strawberry plants will have survived this winter. This made me think of them.

  4. These are adorable. I will have to try this soon!
    Following on pinterest!

    Visiting from Pint-sized Treasures

  5. These are beautiful! And yes, they could work for any spring occasion. Love the burlap and pastel colors.

  6. So adorable! I think I may need to make a whole shabby chic can garden full for my strawberry loving daughter!


  7. Very cute, love the colors!

  8. A great gift idea and so cute. So many ways you could adapt this!

  9. This is adorable! You did such a great job ;) You should join my new linky party on Mondays {1 party, 5 blogs!}
    Have a great week!
    Jamie @

  10. I like your handmade gift idea! Lovely

  11. Oh my gosh, what a fun idea with cans, and strawberries too!! Good idea! Hope you can come stop by Collective Sunday when you have time, add your post.
    Collective Social Hop {w/Linkies}
    Happy Easter!
    Have a great day!

  12. Oh my! This is lovely! I’m hosting a new linky party at

    I would love to have you!

  13. Thank you so much for linking up to my party! Hope to see you again Tuesday. Angela at HickoryTrail



There was an error in this gadget