Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Coconut Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars / Gluten Free

Were mixing things up again around here! That is we are mixing up a delicious, healthy little snack treat.  Just a couple of the ingredients you will find in these bars... peanut butter and coconut.

Ready to learn more?!

In our ongoing search for new healthy treat recipes and old favorites with a healthy twist, we found the blog, Texanerin Baking.
Then, we found her recipe for Gluten-Free Coconut Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars. Please visit Texanerine Baking to get the recipe and check out her other recipes!

The recipe calls for peanut butter chips and/or peanuts added to the recipe and sprinkled on top. We choose to omit those from our batch.

If you are looking for a way to add more coconut oil to your family's diet, this is one way. These keep well in the refrigerator in an air tight container and taste best, {IOO}, if allowed to stand at room temperature for 15-20 minutes before eating.

One certainly is not limited to just these ingredients. What about some chopped dried cranberries, blueberries, or sunflower seeds added for additional taste and nourishment?

Have fun making these and adding your own creative additions...or not.

Hear me when I call, O God of my righteousness!
You have relieved me in my distress;
Have mercy on me, and hear my prayer.

Psalm 4:1

Linking To:
Lil\'LunaSNAP!The Frugal Girls Button Sunday Scoop copyhomeworkBubbly Nature Creations52 MantelsTidyMom


  1. I am adding this recipe to my "summer snack" list! Thanks for sharing!
    Ashley @



There was an error in this gadget